• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Effect of Cannabis use on hearing

tomtoo

Major Contributor
After germany has now at least a partial legalization. We just have to count the audiophiles before and after to see the impact???? ;)

I just imagine to make this survey in germany on the street.

1) Do you smoke weed
2) Are you a audiophile

Iam sure that could be dangerous in some places. :)

Last edited:

anotherhobby

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
After germany has now at least a partial legalization. We just have to count the audiophiles before and after to see the impact???? ;)
I entered the world of "hi-fi" and became an audiophile 2 years before the first time I smoked weed, so cause/effect can go either way. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

JktHifi

Smoking cigarettes while listening to music is only made us faster to find and choose tracks/albums. No effect whatsoever to hearing.

But this cigarette smoke here help the turntable/cartridge a lot:

tomtoo

Major Contributor
Smoking cigarettes while listening to music is only made us faster to find and choose tracks/albums. No effect whatsoever to hearing.

But this cigarette smoke here help the turntable/cartridge a lot:

Oh, the condensate is like a glide fluid that makes the highs more gentle and the voices more smokey. Real analog sound.

anotherhobby

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
How do you get that character just to the right of the open quote symbol?
Ha! I have no idea, and I don't know if I've every typed out the chars myself. I added shruggie (what I call him) as a keyboard shortcut over a decade ago. Anytime I type the word shrug, my little shruggie buddy autocompletes intead. If I actually want to type shrug literally, I have to undo each time.

JRS

Major Contributor

I just imagine to make this survey in germany on the street.

1) Do you smoke weed
2) Are you a audiophile

Iam sure that could be dangerous in some places. :)
I would hazard a guess that the boom of audio in the late 1960's into the seventies can be largely attributed to cannabis and it's impact on the great music of the era. Psychedelics such as LSD and later psilocybin undoubtedly had an impact (ever hear of a guitar man named Jimi?) as well. The only other example after that was the impact of MDMA on the rave scene and the music that fueled these all night festivals. Before the sixties? Certainly Jazz and the Blues were heavily influenced by cannabis as well.

JRS

Major Contributor
How do you get that character just to the right of the open quote symbol?

Option 3: Type out the shrugging emoji yourself​

The emoji is made up of nine characters: two overlines (or macrons), two slashes, two underscores, two parentheses, and a single Japanese katakana character, which creates the smile. Some of these are readily available on most keyboards, but the overlines and especially the katakana smiley have to be added via special means:

Known as the shruggie. From this ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Top Bottom