• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dynaudio Emit 20 - Review & Measurements by Erin

VintageFlanker

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Reviewer
1000021106.png
1000021107.png
1000021107.png
1000021108.png
1000021109.png

Text data:

Last edited:
Again with that compliance issue around 1KHz and truly wacky frequency response. What on earth is going on there?

I've specifically said before that there is a point where sheer bass extension, bass output, and dynamic capability/distortion performance can overcome gross errors in frequency response and directivity performance, but I still don't like this at all. I wasn't thinking of a basic 2-way bookshelf when I made that statement.

Again with that compliance issue around 1KHz and truly wacky frequency response. What on earth is going on there?
What is going on here seems to be a 6 dB filter for the tweeter at 4 kHz and a 7inch woofer with a 12 dB filter, that has to work way above the point of beaming. Including an enclosure, which seem to ring and rattle a bit (so a German online magazine states: I haven't heard the speaker yet)....

The small Dynaudios seem to excel at being punchy for their size. I had a set of the much older budget model DM 2/6 that went surprisingly loud. They had almost the same Dynaudio house curve as in this review, with that upper treble lift. For me it was a bit much after a while, but most "normal" people enjoy that slightly brighter vibe.

Back
Top Bottom