• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

DX3 Pro issues

Old Listener

I really really don't understand your reply. I have said many times now that I have zero technical knowledge. Tell me where I haven't shown any respect for Amir? It is really the opposite I have so much respect for him that I consider his opinion very highly. I don't know how you can consider it otherwise. I also have great respect of those that have this technical knowledge and also those that stated there problem. So I really know why you are attacking me. What is it that I said wrong?

You didn't simply state your own opinion in a single post. You argued in post after post that the DX3 was a bad product and that Amir should take responsibility for summarizing other people's experiences. And that he should predict problems by examining build quality. You claimed to represent everyone's views and perception.

Let's see what's you have said You don't own the DAC. From your posts, I would doubt that you have any interest in buying it now. You have zero technical knowledge.

Amirm has done an enormous amount of work reviewing many components. You have done nothing but tell him to do more work to satisfy you.

"But it is quite clear that there product is bad. And I assume Amir knows it by now. So it would be better if he would clearly state that in his review. Many people will only look at his review and buy it. It would be a minimum effort to state it in his review. "

You are asking Amir to go back and update his reviews again and again as new posts report user experiences.

"That's true. But we ansd Amir can minimize the damage. And it would also be important to take up the build quality in upcoming reviews of the brand imo."

The kind of problems that have been reported can not be predicted by taking the cover off a DAC and peering at the circuit board and the components on it.

"Clear to everybody. How many people have to complain? To me it looks like a lot of people, certainly if you know it is quite a niche product. Something must be wrong. Don't you agree? If it is in the margin of error why don't you see the same in threads of other popular products? And just so you know I think you do a great great job with your measurements, but maybe it should be more clear you can recommend a product for how it measures and you cannot say anything about it's build quality. But I love your measurements and I hope you take this post the right way. "

You saw some posts on this forum. How many people posted on this forum about problems with the DX3? How many units have been sold? Until you know how common a problem is, you really don't know how serious it is and whether it continues to be present. Troubleshooting computer hardware and software problems is not always trivial. Until someone does the work, nobody really knows the sources of the problems and how they might be fixed.

For the people who have had trouble with the DX3 that they bought, the important question is how are their problems resolved.

"But I agree it is the reader that has the responsibility to read the whole thread and always think before they buy something.I hope this clears things up. "

If you care about problems with the DX3, this forum is a good place to start researching the problems. Other people did that. You didn't.

LoveMusic!

It appears that Topping site has been down for a while now. I was not able to access it for a few weeeks since. Anybody knows what might have happened to Topping as a company?

Roen

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I don't think amirm's reviews tell the whole story of a product. I concede measurements are important. But as far as I remember DX3 Pro was the most recommended product ever, and this leads to a lot of people purchasing it after reading the review. Now with so many problems and so many people experiencing them, I don't think amirm here does a good job and meet our expectation --- at least he should put a warning on top of the review article now.

He only reviews one unit, he can't really test for systematic flaws in a product. If he gets lucky, he gets lucky.

AresHarvest

It appears that Topping site has been down for a while now. I was not able to access it for a few weeeks since. Anybody knows what might have happened to Topping as a company?

I'm unable to access the English section of their site this morning, but it was live the last time I visited it, and I was able to download the driver I needed (last Thurs, I think? That would be 4 days ago). While I am unable to load en.tpdz.net I can load www.tpdz.net.

bravomail

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Topping products in general didn't have good amazon reviews. I've seen them many times when browsing thru different audio equipment. They either looked ugly/crudely made or had 3 star reviews which is a death sentence for a product. Also, many products had very few reviews which didn't inspire confidence. The topic starter here is an obnoxious gentleman , for sure, I would temp ban him for 2 weeks, if I was a moder :)

noobie

I'm unable to access the English section of their site this morning, but it was live the last time I visited it, and I was able to download the driver I needed (last Thurs, I think? That would be 4 days ago). While I am unable to load en.tpdz.net I can load www.tpdz.net.
I have no problems accessing their site, including English language portion.

LoveMusic!

I kept getting this Error 522 when trying to access the Topping web site. Any idea how to fix Error 522?

Attachments

• Error522.jpg
    Error522.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 109

Tatteredmidnight

This has become a very acrimonious thread, a few considerations:

- The D3X Pro thread is over 110 pages long, that's an awful lot of info for a perspective buyer to comb through.

- unhappy customers are the loudest customers.

- enough issues have been recorded to raise some concerns

- as an independent reviewer, Amir is a potential target for manipulation by a competitor to Topping if he bases his recommendations on comments on his reviews (remember Facebook?)

I think a thread like this, but with less bickering, is the best solution. Let people voice their concerns and issues in a more abridged format, but leave Amir's reviews and reccomendations to behavior he has observed or can replicate. This would help to inform potential consumers while protecting Amir's impartiality.

Bliman

This has become a very acrimonious thread, a few considerations:

- The D3X Pro thread is over 110 pages long, that's an awful lot of info for a perspective buyer to comb through.

- unhappy customers are the loudest customers.

- enough issues have been recorded to raise some concerns

- as an independent reviewer, Amir is a potential target for manipulation by a competitor to Topping if he bases his recommendations on comments on his reviews (remember Facebook?)

I think a thread like this, but with less bickering, is the best solution. Let people voice their concerns and issues in a more abridged format, but leave Amir's reviews and reccomendations to behavior he has observed or can replicate. This would help to inform potential consumers while protecting Amir's impartiality.
I like your post.
I came here on this forum because I was searching on the internet for a good headamp and dac.
I really like the measurements and knowledge. I almost bought a Topping dx3 because of the recommendation of Amir.
Then I mailed topping and got no answer back (that's when I got cold feet).
Then I saw the problems being raised in the thread and I thought of the newcomers like me who came here seeking for advice and guiding.
I agree Amir must be as independent as possible and can get in a trap of manipulation.
Maybe it is best that the users can share their experience in the thread so that the viewers can make a decision.
I was initially of the idea that after many reported problems that Amir could adjust his recommendation.
Now I am of the opinionto be advised to look in the thread and see what others say of the product( I know it sounds logical but many people are searching and looking for fast answers). In that way newcomers don't feel like Amir's is the definite answer and offers only select things of the product but can in no way judge for bad parts, etc...
In that way you slow down newcomers and let them see this great community and educate them and also can warn them if some have problems.

noobie

I kept getting this Error 522 when trying to access the Topping web site. Any idea how to fix Error 522?
Have you tried clearing your browser's cache? Alternatively, try a different browser if you have more than one installed on your system.

ceausuc

Have you tried clearing your browser's cache? Alternatively, try a different browser if you have more than one installed on your system.

Some Chinese sites are blocked in some parts of the world. Tor browser should solve this kind of problems. I know it worked for me. It's a modified Firefox so it's OK: https://www.torproject.org/

GeekyBastard

Some Chinese sites are blocked in some parts of the world. Tor browser should solve this kind of problems. I know it worked for me. It's a modified Firefox so it's OK: https://www.torproject.org/
HTTP Status 522 means "CloudFlare could not make a TCP connection to your origin server", since Cloudflare were supported by Baidu (A Chinese company) servers in China, the website shouldn't be blocked to the worldwide, it must be a server error on the Topping side.

Top Bottom