• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Denon 4800 random clicking

CapMan

Major Contributor
My newish 4800 does the usual relay clicking on startup but also randomly when playing movies (via eArc and Blu-Ray) and music (RPi Roon endpoint via toslink).

The click is maybe once every half hour or so and happens when the unit is running in steady -state - ie not charging source, formats etc.

It’s loud enough to hear from 3m away with music playing.

The only change made has been new mains (Revel F206) which have lower impedance than than speakers they replaced. Could this be some kind of power rail switching, a fault or something else? Can’t say I notice any change in sound.

I have ECO disabled.

Thanks for any thoughts

7Tiger

If my memory serves me right, this has already been discussed in the X4800 thread and found to be normal...

OP
CapMan

CapMan

Major Contributor
If my memory serves me right, this has already been discussed in the X4800 thread and found to be normal...
Hi - thanks. Took a scan of that and the clicking seemed to be attributed to events (changing formats etc) not random . I’ll take another look

7Tiger

A friend of mine has had his 4800 since september and also noticed some random clicking but as far as it doesn't affect anything he is not bothered )

Top Bottom