• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Topping DX3 Pro+ and Wiim Pro only 16/44.1

ExplorerDave357

Running a Wiim Pro that I bought on Prime day. Set up is Wiim Pro>Topping DX3 Pro+>analog out to Yamaha receiver. I'm using SPDIF/coax as the output from the Wiim to the Topping. I have not been able to get anything better than 16/44.1 indicated on the Topping since using the Wiim as the digital source. The DX3 is not the issue. Prior to purchasing the Wiim, I used an Apple Lightning to USB camera adapter as the input for the DX3. When using the adapter (via USB input port on the Topping), it displays all the HD and HiRes rates. I did go through and checked to make sure that I had set the Wiim coax input to its highest usable setting with the DX3. No good. As an FYI, this is all on Apple AirPlay2. Any thoughts? I have run out of things to try!

staticV3

Master Contributor
Airplay is usually limited to 16/44.1
Only the Homepod supports receiving up to 24/48 via Airplay.

OP
E

ExplorerDave357

Airplay is usually limited to 16/44.1
Only the Homepod supports receiving up to 24/48 via Airplay.
Well now, that su...stinks! I was under the impression that using coax or TOSLINK would get me some of the mid-high res throughputs. All the specs on both devices indicate that. I know I get 24/176.4 on the camera kit/USB in to the DX3. I really thought the 16/44.1 was a Roon limit.

Top Bottom