• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dutch 8C owners - What do you feed them?

tw99

I'm feeding my newly acquired pair via analogue XLR. I am absolutely sure I won't hear any difference, but I will probably change to using AES when I can find a cheap enough SPDIF to AES solution. Just because it feels "wrong" not to take the digital signal as far as possible.

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
RmE ADIpro is extremely good, digital out via XLR, obviously set the 8Cs to digital in and cable appropriately, employ the blanking resistor.
The RME is capable of attenuating its digital output ( just one change in the menu) and because it’s A/D as well as D/A you can connect analogue sources.
When Wiim get around to adding AES/XLR that too could be perfect and hugely cheaper.
Keith

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Cat food.

Bortman

Aurender N10 network transport ->AES/EBU ->Mutec MC3+ (digital switch for sources) ->AES/EBU ->D&D8Cs

Top Bottom