• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Dual Merus MA12070 Amplifier Sabaj A20 fully balanced : pictures inside )

DACslut

I just ordered mine from https://hifi-express.com/ and saved $5 with a coupon code. Free S/H and no tax. Wish me luck, lol.

1628287349723.png

gasolin75

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I just ordered mine from https://hifi-express.com/ and saved $5 with a coupon code. Free S/H and no tax. Wish me luck, lol.

View attachment 145836

Just the normal price in Europe (no discount), i wonder if shipping, delivery is the same as amazon.de (where i should get it from, when in stock i wonder why it takes so long to get one from europe) or uk
2021-08-07 00_07_53-Thank you Michael! - Hifi-express - Checkout – Google Chrome.png

2021-08-07 00_09_25-Amazon.com_ SABAJ A20a Balanced Stereo Power Amplifier Receiver 2 Infineon...png
2021-08-07 00_09_49-SABAJ A20a Balanced Stereo Power Amplifier Receiver 2 Infineon MA12070 Chi...png

DACslut

As said before. I confirm this point specially for this infineon chip. You need a long break in to get the best of this amp. You will notice after a long break in : a best soundstage and also a great improvement related to the gain. ( I had to ajust it @-10db)

This amp is a real bargain. I could compare it to my Purifi / Ncore nc502 and Poppulse T180MD. It is neck to neck to these amps

Does your A20a have the audible "ticking" issues? I ordered one the other day off Hifi-express and from what I can gather, when it ships (possibly delayed) the issue will have been corrected? Thanks.

Last edited:

DACslut

Does anybody knows if the 15 V DC output of the Sabaj A20a is 2.1G or 2.5G ?

I think you can safely assume it's 2.5mm based on my experiences. All the Class D amps I own with a barrel connector jack use that size. Even if the size is 2.1mm an adapter isn't hard to find and they're cheap. I've gotten some from the 'zon that work just fine. Good luck.

SeriousSam70

I think you can safely assume it's 2.5mm based on my experiences. All the Class D amps I own with a barrel connector jack use that size. Even if the size is 2.1mm an adapter isn't hard to find and they're cheap. I've gotten some from the 'zon that work just fine. Good luck.
Thank you !

gasolin75

Has anybody gotten the new version if so how long time dit it take from you orded one til it arrived?

More than 14 days ?

DACslut

Has anybody gotten the new version if so how long time dit it take from you orded one til it arrived?

More than 14 days ?

I'm assuming we won't receive our amps until the end of the month or thereabouts. It's my understanding the delay was due to them correcting the amp's "ticking" issue at the factory level? I'd rather wait and have them properly fix it than possibly get a defective unit. Blessing in disguise of sorts that we happened to recently order ours and therefore likely won't have that issue. Some weren't so lucky.

I asked daniboun previously in this thread if his amp had the issue and he never replied. Hopefully he'll see this post and let us know?

gasolin75

Toku

Major Contributor
Very good news for everyone.
The problem with the rattling noise of the A20a has been resolved! !!

Today I received an improved A20a from Sabaj in China and tested it immediately.
The rattling problem I had previously reported when turning up the volume was completely resolved.

The output offset voltage, which was a problem with the DA-9, is stable at R-ch 1.8 mV / L-ch 1.9 mV.
I feel that the sound quality is a little thicker and more transparent than the previous model.

Now the A20a can enjoy great sound without any problems.
Those who were hesitant to buy the A20a due to this problem can now buy it with confidence.
I think there are old and new models on the market. If you are particular about purchasing an improved version, you should check with the shop.

Attachments

• IMG_3540.jpg
    IMG_3540.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_3533.jpg
    IMG_3533.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:

gasolin75

When did you order the amp Toku ?

Toku

Major Contributor
When did you order the amp Toku ?
reported to Sabaj that I found a problem shortly after purchasing the A20a, and at the same time returned the item to the official shop. Some time later, Sabaj promised to send me an improved version of the A20a. It took a while, but Sabaj sent me an improved version of the A20a from China as promised. This means that the improved A20a has already begun to hit the market.

However, I think that the old model has been on the market for a while. If you are particular about purchasing an improved version, you should check with the shop. Amazon has a Sabaj official shop.

milan616

Forum Donor
That's amazing news Toku! I'm still waiting for a power supply to be sent to me to swap in, but I'm all the more excited now.

milan616

Forum Donor
My Topping D10 Balanced DAC came in and it pairs absolutely wonderfully with my Sabaj A20a + Philharmonic AAPM speakers! The noise floor is absolutely silent up to max volume on the amp, where my 2nd gen Scarlett Solo (unbalanced) was starting to pick up hiss around -24 (to be fair that is way louder than I ever turned it up to!). I've only listened to a bit of music so far and the D10B seems less smoothed over compared to the Scarlett, and imaging/instrument panning seems a bit cleaner. All things I can chalk up to the raw stats increase of the new DAC. It's just as neutral as the Scarlett, just cleaner overall. Highly recommended!

Side note: the D10 Balanced body width almost perfectly sits on the A20a, except the face plate is slightly wider! Not a problem for me but I know some people take their stacks very seriously ;)

PXL_20210811_145522401.NIGHT.jpg

Last edited:

Moosi

That's amazing news Toku! I'm still waiting for a power supply to be sent to me to swap in, but I'm all the more excited now.
Could you please report on how hard it was to change the PSU once you've done it. I'd really like to know if you would have to screw both ends of the amp open in order to get access.

Toku

Major Contributor
My Topping D10 Balanced DAC came in and it pairs absolutely wonderfully with my Sabaj A20a + Philharmonic AAPM speakers! The noise floor is absolutely silent up to max volume on the amp, where my 2nd gen Scarlett Solo (unbalanced) was starting to pick up hiss around -24 (to be fair that is way louder than I ever turned it up to!). I've only listened to a bit of music so far and the D10B seems less smoothed over compared to the Scarlett, and imaging/instrument panning seems a bit cleaner. All things I can chalk up to the raw stats increase of the new DAC. It's just as neutral as the Scarlett, just cleaner overall. Highly recommended!

Side note: the D10 Balanced body width almost perfectly sits on the A20a, except the face plate is slightly wider! Not a problem for me but I know some people take their stacks very seriously ;)

I also use A20a, Topping D10s and D10 Balanced in combination. You can perform a sound quality comparison test by connecting D10B to the XLR input and D10s to the RCA input and switching the input.
High-grade sound quality can be achieved with this combination. It's more than enough for me.

Could you please report on how hard it was to change the PSU once you've done it. I'd really like to know if you would have to screw both ends of the amp open in order to get access.
I'm asking Sabaj if he's planning on doing something for a sold product and I'm waiting for an answer.

Attachments

• IMG_3544.jpg
    IMG_3544.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 154
Top Bottom