• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

DIY speaker cables with Neotech OCC solid core wire

Everett T

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
then I'm the Queen of England LOL
anigif_sub-buzz-11233-1506537493-6.gif

Havocman

Its OK, we're laughing at you, not with you. :p
I could care less if you're too stupid to find out about OCC single crystal wire that's too bad for you I could care less I'm laughing at you for being so stupid and uninformed.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
and if you don't know by now that single Crystal OCC wire is better than ofc then I guess you'll never know it amazes me how stupid and uninformed people really are in high-end audio makes me laugh and feel sorry. LOL!!!

Yeah...

Bye now.

Geert

Major Contributor
Maybe implement a check at registration to check if the account already exists at Audiogon ;)

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
go look it up yourself lazy ass
If it's so easy, it should be no problem for you to deliver. I'm not making that claim, I'm just a dumb ass...

Come up with a single reference that does not contain pseudoscientific nonsense.

Roland68

Major Contributor
Back to the OCC cable topic.
Which manufacturer actually produces OCC cables or the basic material/semi-finished product?
And by that I don't mean the companies that just put your name on the cable.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
You forgot the LOL at the end!

Edit: He went back and edited his post to include the LOL. Thank goodness. I was beginning to worry.
Of course. These things need to be done correctly, if at all.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
The sad thing is:
Too many audiophiles believe the nonsense about Crystal barriers and such.
The guys who sell that stuff know how to excite people's imagination.

fpitas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
So did Tolkien, that doesn’t mean people think it’s real…
Actually a good point. People know the world isn't like that, nor ever was. But they're ignorant about science. So, snake oil fills in the gap...

ceausuc

Back to the OCC cable topic.
Which manufacturer actually produces OCC cables or the basic material/semi-finished product?
And by that I don't mean the companies that just put your name on the cable.

If I'm not mistaken Neotech claims they are the only one able to to make OCC cables.

Cables do sound different, unfortunately... don't know why, I wish I knew.
But guys... keep repeating answers like "show us measurements"... a bit boring, don't you think?

Mnyb

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
If I'm not mistaken Neotech claims they are the only one able to to make OCC cables.

But guys... keep repeating answers like "show us measurements"... a bit boring, don't you think?
Show us a plausible physical mechanism instead of boring measurments ! :)

If the electrical signal does not change at all the sound does not change ( there is no unmeasurable mystery quantity ) , then its perception and biases that's all it is . This is given.

Example of plausible physical mechanism.

If a cable is unfit for purpose there is a measurable quantity that corresponds the measurable changes . Example a very thin and very long loudspeakers cable has to high resistance this will modify the fr response given the complex impedance of some speakers . long enough cable with bizzare enough speakers may give you deviations that you can hear .

For audio cable it's enough to use the simple LCR model Inductance Capacitance Resistance , no fancy transmissionline or skin effect theory needed the frequencies are practically DC its not TV or Radar.

For Speaker cables given the low impedances involved R is the wholly dominant factor if L or C are not obscene you would not even consider them possibly the inductance but hardly, in order of importance for speakers R,L,C .

Signal cables need to have appropriate values for L,C too .

Digital cable aproach the domain where other factors can play a role here we use coax cables with appropriate characteristic impedance like 75 Ohm for example.
Even thou coat hangers have been shown to work just fine with the very short distances used at home ( your DAC's interface will suck it up and fix it for you ).

Last edited:

Roland68

Major Contributor

I don't ask my question without reason.
My work in the industry brings me into contact with a number of fabricators who produce raw and semi-finished metals, including steel, tungsten, copper and many heavy-duty alloys. These manufacturers also deliver to the aviation industry, among others. Nobody can supply me with copper without Cristal barriers.

On the other hand, in recent years I have repeatedly read scientific reports about initial successes in producing small areas of copper foil without crystal barriers, but cables?

It is no secret that the Ohno-Continuous Cast process, which has been in use for 30 years, drastically increases the grain sizes (not just for copper) and is therefore used by many manufacturers.
Since this occ process is also used to clean copper, many "real" ofc cables are also occ. And as far as I know, occ is currently only a method of increasing grain size, but not for making copper with a crystal.

But every manufacturer supplies a laboratory report on the composition, proportions, oxygen content, etc. of its material, which is necessary to monitor the production process.
Without this report I wouldn't trust most manufacturers, neither at ofc nor at occ.

Top Bottom