• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

DiY Measurement Mic Inputs

Exprymer

Hello guys, Hope you are all doing well!

I have the intention to build a DiY Measurement Mic. Using parts of the Electronics i've used in previous projects.

My main problem now is how to interface the analog readings with REW. How to insert the digital data using USB using STM32, for examples?

My idea is to build a PCB for it on the future as well.

Thanks in advance!

Gringoaudio1

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Hello guys, Hope you are all doing well!

I have the intention to build a DiY Measurement Mic. Using parts of the Electronics i've used in previous projects.

My main problem now is how to interface the analog readings with REW. How to insert the digital data using USB using STM32, for examples?

My idea is to build a PCB for it on the future as well.

Thanks in advance!
Well just using off the shelf hardware you will need an interface to convert analog to USB. These are readily available for musicians to get their guitar etc into the PC. And on the super inexpensive end of analog to USB there is this. https://www.amazon.ca/DIGITNOW-Capt...ocphy=9001331&hvtargid=pla-555147695724&psc=1
Or
For DIYing it
And how will you calibrate the microphone? The effort to DIY when compared to the relatively cheap price of a UMIK-1 is hardly worth it.

DVDdoug

Major Contributor
The main thing that makes a "measurement mic" is calibration so you'd have to find a calibration lab willing to calibrate your homemade one. That might cost you more than buying a calibrated mic.

using STM32, for examples?
You'd have to write the firmware to function as a class compliant USB audio device, or you'd you'd have to write a custom driver to work with your custom firmware and your particular operating system.

TI makes "Soundcard Chips." And I'm sure other chip manufacturers too.

Top Bottom