• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Desk top recommendations needed

Spkrdctr

Major Contributor
Hi, after searching the forum I could not find what I'm looking for. I'm needing recommendations for powered speakers that are better in performance than the Kanto TUK but are plug and play like the TUK. From what I read it seems like it is just a quick hookup to the computer and your good to go? I'm just wondering what would be super easy plug and play but better performing (but no more volume needed). A sub will be in the system too. Budget is around $1200 a pair or so. No firm limit. I currently use IEMs but my nephew was looking at the Kanto's and I wanted to see if he could get something better but easy to use. I have no experience with DACs or other headphone stuff, so if I can get plug and play for him it would be great. BUT, he is better with computers than me by a wide margin. Thanks for your help!

sweetchaos

Major Contributor
The Curator
Lots of great options for slightly above budget:
1. Genelec 8030C (US$1400/pair)
CEA2034.jpg

2. Neumann KH120 (US$1400/pair)
CEA2034.jpg

But if you can't go over the budget...then:
1. Kali IN-8v2 (US$800/pair)
CEA2034.jpg

2. Neumann KH80 (US$1000/pair)
CEA2034.jpg

For comparison, here's Kanto TUK's (source)...:oops:
TUK%20REW%20visual%2002.png

OP
S

Spkrdctr

Major Contributor
Thanks for the help. He decided to go with the Khali IN5. It had fantastic test results and was no more expensive than the Kanto TUK. Also, easy plug and play with many set up options with dip switches. Without ASR and all the helpful people here it would be near impossible to find a great set of speakers as so many test so poorly. ASR is the best.

Top Bottom