• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Denon x2700h or x3800h help me choose the right one

OP
H

hello12

Seriously OP, the advice is resoundingly clear. You should only ask for advice if you are actually interested in hearing it and taking it.
did you mean i didn't follow the advice on marantz settings? It was sent back a few days ago, I don't have that option anymore, but as I said, I tried everything

thank you guys for all the answers, after reading them and thinking about them, I reject 2700, extra features and the possibility of future improvements won.

Last edited:

delta76

Major Contributor
AKM chip is a DAC. it has very little - if any audible impact on an AVR.
Stop worrying.

N1ck

Do not buy anything based on a what hifi review. I used to and I wasted thousands, learning the hard way. ASR is the only reviewing platform that corrolates with my subjective opinion on all things AV.

delta76

Major Contributor
Do not buy anything based on a what hifi review. I used to and I wasted thousands, learning the hard way. ASR is the only reviewing platform that corrolates with my subjective opinion on all things AV.
Exactly. Not only their reviews are overwhelmingly subjective, their technical competency is very questionable.

As I pointed out in another thread, they reviewed x3800h by running Audyssey but then for most of their (movie) viewing, they ran with Pure Direct Mode on, which would bypass any room correction and EQ :facepalm:

Top Bottom