• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Definitive Demand D11 Speaker Review

RiseFall

If one should listen "above the tweeter" why they made original stands with height at almost 80 centimeters?

Jimmyp

Jimmyp

I totally liked the way the D11s sounded i thought they were sharp and clear and the bass wasnt to bad for such a small speaker... but speakers are very subjective!!! Charts go out the window when listening to them.in the real world

RiseFall

I had the D11 and liked for a couple of months, in the end, because I like to have only a pair of speakers, I preferred the Acoustic Energy AE500.

Tom67

Sandy gross, the founder of Def Tech is now involved with Goldenear. These are great little pop, music speakers, and have the gross formula involving the passive radiator. I would recommend the speakers if you buy them at the end of the run when they sell for about half price. The other thing you need to do is ignore their exaggerated low base response and the response is actually pretty good so I don’t know why they feel the need to lie about it

Last edited:

oakley75

Man I dig your style, your responses are always incredibly well constructed and value driven.

So the big shameful question is how did you subjectively like the Definitive D9 speaker? In comparison with some of the other models you have run through?
Hey Rooskie what ever came of the D11's? What did you think of them?

ROOSKIE

Major Contributor
Hey Rooskie what ever came of the D11's? What did you think of them?
Hi, I did end up selling them.
They were okay. It was fun to try them and I do think they were worth the sale price. The build quality of the cabinets and over-all build of the speaker is nice.

Something about the trebble just was not quite right for me. I can not say exactly what. It was there in the right amount, the tonality was good and yet the highs were like a job well done but with no joy. What does that mean, shrugs I guess.

Totally decent speakers that I could have kept if I was a regular buyer and did not have multiple other speakers of various prices that I like more.

robertospeed

Hi everyone , unfortunately with a change with my shopkeeper I only have these 2 choices:
DEFINITIVE TECHNOLOGY DEMAND 11 or JBL L52 CLASSIC.
Unfortunately I can't go and listen to them , because the store is too far , and I don't have any store nearby , and I have no chance to go and listen to them .
I do not know which speaker to choose between the 2 , I have a Marantz PM6007 , and I like to listen to Rock and Metal music , but also pop music , blues and Italian pop music .
I like warm , full-bodied and colorful sound and full-bodied bass .
Can anyone help me decide please ?
I have a very small room , 3 meters by 2.5 meters , and I listen to the speakers very closely , I have a PC station , I also have a SVS PB1000 Subwoofer , As speakers I have the indiana line thesis 261 and I don't like them at all , but I also have the Q Acoustic 3030i which sound much better than the indiana line thesis 261

Indiana Line Tesi 261.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom