• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

DAC/AMP for the Sennheiser HD 560S (PS5 - mostly FPS shooters)

D

Deleted member 60492

The title is quite self explanatory.
I don't know much about audio and my knowledge about DAC/AMPs is quite small and recent, and I was wondering what DAC/AMP combo I should buy.
I'm currently stuck between 4.
SMSL C200
Qudelix 5K
Schiit HEL2
Sound Blaster G6.
If you have any other recommendations, feel free to say!

staticV3

Master Contributor
Since you need something for your PlayStation, I'd go with the Qudelix for sure.
Disconnect the battery in the App, put it in UAC1 mode, and load the EQ preset for the 560S.
That'll give you a really nice setup imo.

OP
D

Deleted member 60492

Since you need something for your PlayStation, I'd go with the Qudelix for sure.
Disconnect the battery in the App, put it in UAC1 mode, and load the EQ preset for the 560S.
That'll give you a really nice setup imo.
I’ve heard something about DAC/AMPs not supporting 3D Audio on the PlayStation. Is that something I have to think about if I get the Qudelix?

staticV3

Master Contributor
I’ve heard something about DAC/AMPs not supporting 3D Audio on the PlayStation. Is that something I have to think about if I get the Qudelix?
I haven't looked into it tbh. 3D binaural audio is stereo, which the PS5 can definitely output via USB and the 5K can definitely decode via USB.

OP
D

Deleted member 60492

I haven't looked into it tbh. 3D binaural audio is stereo, which the PS5 can definitely output via USB and the 5K can definitely decode via USB.
Sounds good enough. I’ve pulled the trigger on the 5K and most likely wont return it back since it ships internationally so I can only hope the audio will be nice with or without «3D audio». The HD 560S on the other hand, I can just return if I dont like it. You’re not the first one to say this exact combo would be nice so I doubt it wont be good enough. Thanks

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
A Sound blaster X1 will do great, I've had several and used them for lots of gaming, or just as a dac. At 150ohm or higher it outputs 2.4v and in 7.1 mode without the SBX it's amazing for gaming. It supports wasapi push for bit perfect (but not event).

D

Deleted member 60987

Just heard about 3D audio. Sounds interesting.

Top Bottom