• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Combine AVR with DAC

Hilic

Hi all
Have Yamaha RX V679 for years and mainly steam music through iPhone using Apple Music Spotify or internet radio stations.
I use two Kef ls50 speakers with it.
Love the interface and the musiccast app.
Yet I just purchase Toppind d70 Octo DAC and wondered if I may use the AVR as a streamer to the DAC in order to improve the sound that he DAC my offer.
If yes how do I do that, diagram may help.
Hilic

Chrispy

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Is the Topping Musiccast enabled? The avr may have an ability to send bluetooth otherwise? I'd just use the dac in the avr and not worry about it....

GXAlan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
You probably cannot do that. You could use the HDMI out of the Yamaha along with one of the settings that passes the audio out the HDMI instead of running it to the Yamaha AVR analog section. Once you do that, you can use a HDMI audio extractor to pull the PCM bitstream into an optical toslink transmission which could go to your DAC.

The problem is that you cannot take the analog out of your DAC back into the Yamaha’s analog in without affecting the MusicCast feature.

DVDdoug

Major Contributor
And... There's probably nothing audibly wrong with the DAC built into your AVR.

OP
H

Hilic

And... There's probably nothing audibly wrong with the DAC built into your AVR.
You are correct, almost too late, checked my Yamaha spec and found out that using direct option with my iPhone connected to the front usb I should have 24 bit/192kHz. This same as Apple music supply. In that case I may return the Topping D70 to Amazon (should arrive tomorrow), I will not unbox it. Your reply helped me to conclude that, thank you.

Top Bottom