• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Class D safe to 2ohms in bridged mode

saberger0357

That's what I'm looking for. I have a pair of SMSL A300's which I really like, and while I've used them for a short period of time bridged driving a pair of nominal 4ohm speakers(AR3's), that brought their impedance down to 2ohms and they aren't spec'd for 2 ohms. So I stopped and am using them bridged with a pair of 8ohm speakers. But I'd love to find a pair of similar spec'd power amps that can bridged that can be safely used with 4ohm speakers. I'd love it if I could get a pair of Fosi amps at $60-80 per, but they are bridgeable. Presently using one Fosi V3 to drive the speakers in question. So I'm looking for any other amps that folks might know of. I haven't been able to find any at for a reasonable cost.

Anything out there that won't break the bank?

Top Bottom