• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Chromebook as a Music Server?

AudioStudies

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Is anyone using a Chromebook, rather than Windows computer, as a music server?

If so, are there any Chrome App that would work better than the Google Play for music?
That is, are there any Chrome OS equivalents of Windows things like MusiceBee, Foobar, JRiver, etc.

How would I get Chrome OS to communicate with my DACs, and output audio from USB?

Thanks,
Thomas

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Is anyone using a Chromebook, rather than Windows computer, as a music server?

If so, are there any Chrome App that would work better than the Google Play for music?
That is, are there any Chrome OS equivalents of Windows things like MusiceBee, Foobar, JRiver, etc.

How would I get Chrome OS to communicate with my DACs, and output audio from USB?

Thanks,
Thomas
Well, you can play to USB connected dacs of anything on the chrome browser.

Newer chrome books run android apps so you could play via bit perfect apps like bubble upnp or USB audio player Pro (glitch)

Some chromebooks can run Linux so that's another option

OP
A

AudioStudies

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Thanks so much, Jimbob54. How problematic is the glitch?

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Thanks so much, Jimbob54. How problematic is the glitch?
I have 2 CBs that can run android apps, one won't run uapp. But just get the trial and test

Top Bottom