• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Chris Bell & JBL Win NCWT Championship

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
Christopher Bell wrapped up the Nascar Camping World Truck Championship just a few minutes ago.
Thanks to JBL for providing all the big sponsorship money that made this all possible.
Fast Trucks & Great HiFi, life don't get any better than than!
daytona4.jpg

Last edited:

RayDunzl

Grand Contributor
Central Scrutinizer

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor

Another camper van episode. Not quite as cool as the racing one though.

OP
Sal1950

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
TG?, what a bunch of numb-nuts doing that show.
A totally braindead waste of bandwidth. LOL

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
TG?, what a bunch of numb-nuts doing that show.
A totally braindead waste of bandwidth. LOL
Well their not quite that bad.

A waste of bandwidth is Formula 1 recently in my opinion. Apologies to Frank Dernie.

Qualifying is the only interesting part. And rain races. Otherwise, once they make it thru turn one on lap one, the order when they finish lap one is pretty much the order at the end of the race nearly all the time for the top 5 or 6 cars.

Now I hardly want the near circus the Nasccar cup cars have become, but it is boring as a spectator. Really hard to do with the highly interesting technology, the money spent and the brain flattening performance they manage. In rain races it seems the driver really matters enough to matter. Which is what I find entertaining.

I think the Camping World truck racing is by far the best racing in the Nascar ranks and has been for many years.

Of course my favorite is MotoGP as far as racing interesting to a spectator, and they are threatening to let traction control/torque management ruin that too.

I get it as a constructor you don't want the driver to be the weak link. As a spectator we care about drivers in competition. Somehow the balance seems off. The car counts for too much, the drivers are too good maybe (not enough variance in skill) and too difficult to pass. Man what kind of performance those F1 cars have though and with plenty of constraints to work within.

OP
Sal1950

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
A waste of bandwidth is Formula 1 recently in my opinion.
Oh Oh, look out D, the boys from across the pond will be getting a rope. They only understand one kind of motorsport over there. :eek: :p

I think the Camping World truck racing is by far the best racing in the Nascar ranks and has been for many years.
Completely agree, if I could only view one Nascar series race a week to watch it would be the Trucks.
Next is World of Outlaws late model and sprint cars, and Grand National flat track motorcycle dirt trackers.
Then never miss NHRA pro drag racers if I can. Huge congrads to Brittney Force for clinching the Top Fuel championship last Sat. Only the second female to ever take the crown jewel NHRA trophy since Shirly ChaCha Muldowny did it in the 1970s. She posted a couple consecutive of 3.6 second 330 mph runs to wrap up the title. (sweet mother of God :eek: she's got a bigger pair than me).

I get it as a constructor you don't want the driver to be the weak link.
Huh? What comes next, one of those new self driving toys everyone is getting killed in lately.

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Oh Oh, look out D, the boys from across the pond will be getting a rope. They only understand one kind of motorsport over there. :eek: :p

Completely agree, if I could only view one Nascar series race a week to watch it would be the Trucks.
Next is World of Outlaws late model and sprint cars, and Grand National flat track motorcycle dirt trackers.
Then never miss NHRA pro drag racers if I can. Huge congrads to Brittney Force for clinching the Top Fuel championship last Sat. Only the second female to ever take the crown jewel NHRA trophy since Shirly ChaCha Muldowny did it in the 1970s. She posted a couple consecutive of 3.6 second 330 mph runs to wrap up the title. (sweet mother of God :eek: she's got a bigger pair than me).

Huh? What comes next, one of those new self driving toys everyone is getting killed in lately.

Outlaws and flat track bikes. Now there is some racing.

Top Bottom