• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

CES 2017: VTL (Part 2), Wilson Yvette Speakers

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
093A8148.jpg

I always make the to stop by at my friend's suite, VTL. Reception I receive from Luke and his wife are beyond measure. The spend as much time with me as I like and let me play any and all things. Answer questions, etc. It doesn't get better than this. I went there twice, once with my phone broken, once not.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
I just used Shazam to discover ソー・イン・ラヴ by セシル・マクロリン・サルヴァント. https://shz.am/t289657286
Not sure why Shazam looked up the Japanese/Chinese version of this super nice album from Cecile McLorin Salvant, For One to Love
Not sure if this was the right track or not:

Lp. Very nice and smooth high freq. Details excellent. Some grit from lp.

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Luke did an AB of their new lower cost phono-preamp against their existing (more expensive) "6.5" pre-amp.

I just used Shazam to discover Paper Airplane by Alison Krauss & Union Station. https://shz.am/t53250717

Same lp with 6.5 phono preamp. Less bright. Vocals more pleasant.

Cosmik

Major Contributor
Amir, your finger looks very odd holding that page down...

:D

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
From that "Timeline" page, I remember that 1986 Chicago show and meeting David for the first time. We hit it off and became instant friends, had a lot of life views in common. I was sad to hear of his passing in 2011, he lived life in the fast lane. ;)

Top Bottom