• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Celebrity RIP Thread

VMAT4

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor

Room314

D

Deleted member 21114

Maybe it is a stretch to put this here, but what a remarkable achievement.

'Good Night Oppy', the tale of the Opportunity and Spirit Mars Rovers is an entertaining watch for the sci-curious. My other half was in tears when 'Oppy' conked out.

anmpr1

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Anthony Cordesman. Known by the general public as a political analyst, but to audiofools (like me) a component reviewer. I know he wrote for Audio magazine, and also (I think) some of the 'undergrounds'.

Anthony was on the subjective side of the fence as far as audio goes. I won't mention anything about his politics and analysis. One thing I enjoy about ASR is that it is a place we can come to, all the while forgetting about that sort of thing.

RIP Tony,

DonH56

Master Contributor
Technical Expert
Forum Donor
Anthony Cordesman. Known by the general public as a political analyst, but to audiofools (like me) a component reviewer. I know he wrote for Audio magazine, and also (I think) some of the 'undergrounds'.

Anthony was on the subjective side of the fence as far as audio goes. I won't mention anything about his politics and analysis. One thing I enjoy about ASR is that it is a place we can come to, all the while forgetting about that sort of thing.

RIP Tony,

He was probably best known in audiophile circles for his long-running articles and reviews in The Absolute Sound.

oceansize

Forum Donor

RIP Tony,

Thank you, I enjoyed reading about him. RIP

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

Carl Weathers, Apollo Creed from ‘Rocky’ and ‘Mandalorian’ star, dies at 76​

Rest in peace. He lived near us apparently. I know him not only from Rocky movies but also Predator.

OP
JSmith

JSmith

Master Contributor
Carl Weathers, 76
Gosh, RIP Carl. :(

1706928069103.png

I know him not only from Rocky movies but also Predator.
For sure, I can watch Predator "anytime"... might do so today in homage.

JSmith

Top Bottom