• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Budget streamer: iFi or AudioPro

Hello Forum,

after an incredibly disappointing experience with a Topping M50, I need another streamer.
I have a few requirements:
0) mandatory: usb output to external dac
1) reasonable price, or I'll repurpose one of my raspberry pi's
2) 5V or 15V supply (not really mandatory, but I need to find some use for the Topping P50)
3) must work flawlessly with upnp/dlna with foobar2000. bonus points if it works with

because of #2, I was thinking about the ifi zen stream, but I read somewhere on this forum that it's not especially foobar-friendly.
I'm curious about this:

but it uses 12V, and there are no reviews.
Any hint?

Last edited:

Stickler1

Hello Forum,

after an incredibly disappointing experience with a Topping M50, I need another streamer.
I have a few requirements:
0) mandatory: usb output to external dac
1) reasonable price, or I'll repurpose one of my raspberry pi's
2) 5V or 15V supply (not really mandatory, but I need to find some use for the Topping P50)
3) must work flawlessly with upnp/dlna with foobar2000. bonus points if it works with

because of #2, I was thinking about the ifi zen stream, but I read somewhere on this forum that it's not especially foobar-friendly.
I'm curious about this:

but it uses 12V, and there are no reviews.
Any hint?
Another? M50 is not a streamer. What were you thinking?

Top Bottom