• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Buckeye Amps 2ch Integrated Amplifier

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Last edited:
Reactions: MCH

quattro98

Forum Donor
I will buy one If there is HDMI in. I watched most of the podcast and it does what I want. I don’t need another DAC. DIRAC would be nice and would add that in. @Buckeye Amps send me a PM and I’ll send you money well spent.
Doesn't DIRAC and HDMI in require onboard DSP and a DAC before the amp?

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Integrated with your “basic” 2ch setup and sub out to start.
Future expansion board that is user friendly to drop into the existing integrated that will offer several key features, including DAC, digital in, HDMI in, and if all goes as planned Dirac.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Future expansion board that is user friendly to drop into the existing integrated that will offer several key features, including DAC, digital in, HDMI in, and if all goes as planned Dirac.
What kind of wattage output are you planning for? Will it have tone controls and balance? Perhaps a variable loudness?

DesertHawk

What kind of wattage output are you planning for? Will it have tone controls and balance? Perhaps a variable loudness?
Per the podcast, any of the modules they currently offer in 2 channel power amps can be used in the integrated amp.

I don't know about the other questions.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Per the podcast, any of the modules they currently offer in 2 channel power amps can be used in the integrated amp.
That has the potential for making some veryyy powerful integrated amps. That would be very cool.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
It's exciting.
Yeah I think the high end of integrated amps has something to worry for here. A little nicer case, that display and a powerful configuration and those expensive integrateds have lots to fear.

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Yeah I think the high end of integrated amps has something to worry for here. A little nicer case, that display and a powerful configuration and those expensive integrateds have lots to fear.
Yes, it will be offered using the NC252, NC502, Purifi 1ET400A, Hypex NCx500, and later down the line the 7040 (all in stereo configs). Will also adapt any new models we bring to market as 2ch into it as well.

JSmith

Master Contributor
So I started watching the video and thought I'd just watch the first 30 mins... ended up watching the whole video. That was a good interview Dylan @Buckeye Amps, you were clear about your product goals and even flew the flag high for ASR.

I, like many, will be very interested in the modular nature of your design and the future addition of Dirac is of even more interest.

JSmith

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
So I started watching the video and thought I'd just watch the first 30 mins... ended up watching the whole video. That was a good interview Dylan @Buckeye Amps, you were clear about your product goals and even flew the flag high for ASR.

I, like many, will be very interested in the modular nature of your design and the future addition of Dirac is of even more interest.

JSmith
It was a fun interview for sure. I stayed on longer than needed because I love being involved in non-business HT discussion.
And I will always rep ASR when possible, the community here has been immeasurable in the start and success of my business from Day 1.

Wisehybred

Yeah and people seemed to be confused about HT bypass and it’s really not that niche of a market, a lot of us that have midgrade receivers/processors for multichannel audio also like to use their mains for higher fidelity 2 channel applications.
My Denon x3700 sucks using as a preamp for my stereo streaming and outboard amps.
Having this integrated with my dac inline and streaming source connected all while using my main speakers is what I am looking for. Hopefully there are many like me. I don’t have a separate listening room to dedicated another 2 channel or surround setup or the extra gear.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, it will be offered using the NC252, NC502, Purifi 1ET400A, Hypex NCx500, and later down the line the 7040 (all in stereo configs). Will also adapt any new models we bring to market as 2ch into it as well.
Impressive. I'm looking forward to your release.

OP
Buckeye Amps

Buckeye Amps

Major Contributor
Audio Company
Forum Donor
Yeah and people seemed to be confused about HT bypass and it’s really not that niche of a market, a lot of us that have midgrade receivers/processors for multichannel audio also like to use their mains for higher fidelity 2 channel applications.
My Denon x3700 sucks using as a preamp for my stereo streaming and outboard amps.
Having this integrated with my dac inline and streaming source connected all while using my main speakers is what I am looking for. Hopefully there are many like me. I don’t have a separate listening room to dedicated another 2 channel or surround setup or the extra gear.
I think the confusion initially stemmed from it being asked in regards to a product that is 2ch in nature/targeted for setups like your wants/needs. Then it went into the perspective that it shouldn't be needed (HT Bypass) if a product is well designed/implemented....but we know this is not always the case.

Wisehybred

I think the confusion initially stemmed from it being asked in regards to a product that is 2ch in nature/targeted for setups like your wants/needs. Then it went into the perspective that it shouldn't be needed (HT Bypass) if a product is well designed/implemented....but we know this is not always the case.
Thanks for understanding.

Syracuse27

When do you plan to release pricing, specs and release dates for the integrated amps?

Sokel

Master Contributor
If the sub out is configurable (level,phase,x-over point,slopes,etc) make sure you have it measured in any way possible,some other implementations of this give horrible results.

Edit:will the speaker outputs can internally be highpassed (obviously by the same manner sub out will do low pass) ?

Last edited:

Matias

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Now this is very nice. A major selling point imo. I don't remember seeing any other manufacturer offering multiple versions of power amp stage within the integrated amp.

Top Bottom