• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Buckeye Amps 2ch Integrated Amplifier

Yeah and people seemed to be confused about HT bypass and it’s really not that niche of a market, a lot of us that have midgrade receivers/processors for multichannel audio also like to use their mains for higher fidelity 2 channel applications.
My Denon x3700 sucks using as a preamp for my stereo streaming and outboard amps.
Having this integrated with my dac inline and streaming source connected all while using my main speakers is what I am looking for. Hopefully there are many like me. I don’t have a separate listening room to dedicated another 2 channel or surround setup or the extra gear.
I have run HT bypass in previous setups (and will again if my new HT setup doesn't cut it for music). IMO its a very low use case scenario, maybe 1% at the most (I mean, even in the video I only recall one of the comments got what HT bypass actually is correct, and some in the panel had no idea...that's how popular HT bypass is). Its quite easy to implement externally with only a small switchbox and a few cables, if I was a manufacturer of audio gear I would absolutely leave it out of a 2-ch stereo preamp/integrated (low cost/benefit ratio for the vast majority of users).

Last edited:
I have run HT bypass in previous setups (and will again if my new HT setup doesn't cut it for music). IMO its a very low use case scenario, maybe 1% at the most (I mean, even in the video only one of the comments got what HT bypass actually is correct). Its quite easy to implement externally with only a small switchbox and a few cables, if I was a manufacturer of audio gear I would absolutely leave it out of a 2-ch stereo preamp/integrated (low cost/benefit ratio for the vast majority of users).
I would tend to agree with you, I certainly like the option and used it extensivly on my Modwright LS100 but sold it because I got away from tube preamps

When do you plan to release pricing, specs and release dates for the integrated amps?
Should have concrete pricing within the next month, at least for the base release (i.e. the integrated without add ons).

Similarly, the release of the Integrated should be first quarter of 2024. We have most of the hardware/design flushed out, more so just working on the firmware and getting it set to accommodate the future module add on (which we need to finalize the path/ features we can incorporate for this module before hand even if it will not be available for a longer time period).

I've emailed questions for 2 channel amps but this is really what I want, If there was a sign up list I would be happy to sign up and put deposit, as a software designer co myself I understand delays, so no issues there. Getting it right takes time.

A high power, modular 2 channel amp with options previously stated is going to be the product for me...a sub out ( or 2) is highly desirable (would love to have additional bass management). I own a zillion amps and the Mrs. would love for me to find the "one". So I can sell off the hoard. :) Although the Mac 2105 will always stay....luckily I have a few rooms that are stereo equipped, fun to try them all.

Her
Similarly, the release of the Integrated should be first quarter of 2024.
Here‘s hoping there are no set backs and that you can follow quickly with the expansion module. If you can make DIRAC part of it I really can’t see not buying it Assuming it is fairly priced. I will offer a suggestion that you release the price of the expansion unit once you start selling the base integrated. Seems fair to know the full cost for those that choose that path.

Integrated with your “basic” 2ch setup and sub out to start.
Future expansion board that is user friendly to drop into the existing integrated that will offer several key features, including DAC, digital in, HDMI in, and if all goes as planned Dirac.
Wow, this is just a perfect streamlined feature set with with dirac and hdmi. Well done!

Are you planning two channel output with the dirac? Or 2.2 with Dirac bass control capability?

I’m an old guy…so drooling is not unusual. But for some reason Dylon, you’ve got me drooling copiously.

Can’t wait for the actual introduction…and I gotta say…for someone who was initially building amps as a sideline you’ve kind of found yourself a permanent niche, huh? ; )

I’m truly impressed. Both amazing and exciting to watch your business blossom. Kudos and best of luck to you.

If the sub out is configurable (level,phase,x-over point,slopes,etc) make sure you have it measured in any way possible,some other implementations of this give horrible results.

Edit:will the speaker outputs can internally be highpassed (obviously by the same manner sub out will do low pass) ?
Would like to know this as well.

The concrete is included in the base price. Magic rebar is optional.
Is that like cable magic?
Cryo Rebar sprinkled with ground up pixies and annealed in the blue flame of unicorn farts?

That concrete must really lift the veil on chocolatey Mids and airy treble!

:D

Imagine the synergy of running your new Buckeye Amps on dedicated Amp Isolation Platforms using such advanced, err… technology?
;)

Integrated with your “basic” 2ch setup and sub out to start.
Future expansion board that is user friendly to drop into the existing integrated that will offer several key features, including DAC, digital in, HDMI in, and if all goes as planned Dirac.
WOW!

Back
Top Bottom