• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

BLUETOOTH SPEAKER LOW VOLUME

Jakobpeye

I have TV paired bluetooth with outdoor Bluetooth speaker..The volume watching regular TV connected thru cable box is very low...It is great when I watch TV with app such as Netflix or other app and when I connect with phone Pandora music is great..Issue I have is when I'm watching regular TV...Is there an amplifier or anything else I can do..Greatly appreciated!!

staticV3

Master Contributor
It's possible that your TV is limiting output volume via Bluetooth for some reason.

If that's the case, then a possible solution would be to buy a Bluetooth transceiver with Toslink input.

Your TV's Toslink output should be capable of sending signals at full 0dB FS Peak amplitude and a competently designed Bluetooth transceiver should in turn be able to send that signal via Bluetooth at full amplitude.

OP
J

Jakobpeye

It's possible that your TV is limiting output volume via Bluetooth for some reason.

If that's the case, then a possible solution would be to buy a Bluetooth transceiver with Toslink input.

Your TV's Toslink output should be capable of sending signals at full 0dB FS Peak amplitude and a competently designed Bluetooth transceiver should in turn be able to send that signal via Bluetooth at full amplitude.
I do not know what a
Bluetooth transceiver with Toslink input is..Can you share one that could work and also let me know what a Toslink output is...I am not texh savvy just trying to make this work.

staticV3

Master Contributor
I do not know what a
Bluetooth transceiver with Toslink input is..Can you share one that could work and also let me know what a Toslink output is...I am not texh savvy just trying to make this work.
Both questions can be answered by simply googling the terms.

Unfortunately, I don't know of a specific transceiver/transmitter that is guaranteed to solve your issue.

DonR

Major Contributor
Search for "Bluetooth transmitter optical" in Amazon or your favorite shopping website. Be aware that there may be some lag inserted in the audio.

OP
J

Jakobpeye

Both questions can be answered by simply googling the terms.

Unfortunately, I don't know of a specific transceiver/transmitter that is guaranteed to solve your issue.
Toslink is just an optical cable..Never heard Toslink before...Thank you

OP
J

Jakobpeye

Speaker does not have volume control..It is a outdoor speaker w/power supply that is wired to a 2nd speaker...If it is paired to a phone, the phone is the volume control...if it is connected via Bluetooth to TV, the TV remote is the volume control...Volume goes up and down its just not loud enough with regular TV..If I watch Netflix it's perfect..only when regular TV the volume is not loud enough even at 100%

DonR

Major Contributor
I see. Most BT speakers I have encountered have their own volume control. There may be a setting on the TV limiting the volume to Bluetooth. It is probably assuming the BT connection is to a headphone. Does your TV have a 3.5mm headphone jack? Those are usually volume-controlled by the TV remote. Lots of cheap BT transmitters are available for those.

staticV3

Master Contributor
Speaker does not have volume control..It is a outdoor speaker w/power supply that is wired to a 2nd speaker...If it is paired to a phone, the phone is the volume control...if it is connected via Bluetooth to TV, the TV remote is the volume control...Volume goes up and down its just not loud enough with regular TV..If I watch Netflix it's perfect..only when regular TV the volume is not loud enough even at 100%
The Acrylic B50 has an HDMI ARC input and supports volume control via the TV remote using HDMI CEC.

However, I'm not certain if the CEC volume also applies to the Bluetooth output. That part you'd have to confirm with the customer support.

OP
J

Jakobpeye

I see. Most BT speakers I have encountered have their own volume control. There may be a setting on the TV limiting the volume to Bluetooth. It is probably assuming the BT connection is to a headphone. Does your TV have a 3.5mm headphone jack? Those are usually volume-controlled by the TV remote. Lots of cheap BT transmitters are available for those.
I do have a 3.5mm headphones jack..

DonR

Major Contributor
You may first want to try and see if the volume is sufficient on that using a pair of wired headphones. Is the same issue present in different volumes for cable vs app?

OP
J

Jakobpeye

If I watch Netflix or any other streaming app it's perfect...Issue is only when broadcast thru Cable TV service

Top Bottom