• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). Come here to have fun, be ready to be teased and not take online life too seriously. We now measure and review equipment for free! Click here for details.

Beyerdynamic DT880 600 Ω vs Sennheiser HD800S

OP
Sharur

Sharur

ok, this is making me want to send dt880s to amir. my subjective opinion is that the hd800s blows the dt880 out of the water.
make sure it's the 600 Ω version

OP
Sharur

Sharur

it's pretty obvious where the measurements are coming from since you can see the website names in the video. They're more than welcome to copyright claim the video lol

Anmol

Forum Donor
Hd800s's measurements are ok except frequency response which can be eq'ed. Hd800s *after eq* has something special to it. i dont know how to describe this special. it is just sheer presentation of music the way it does is quite absorbing and engaging to the listener. decent amp needed for sure. i have an akg 371 and is awesome in measurements but its presentation still sounds boring and uninspiring to me. nothing against beyer , i do have a t1 and like it.

dfuller

Major Contributor
HD800S is very solid if bright... DT880, not so much.

Last edited:
Top Bottom