• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Beyerdynamic DT 880 600 Ohm Review (Headphone)

solderdude

Grand Contributor
nope.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
consider hereyago, after being banned, used the name 'weslife' and is not the weslife you know.

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor

escalibur

It wont be pretty.
They still might not be the worst neither.

"This leaves 3 interesting pads for this headphone. The Balanced DT1990, Dekoni Elite Velour, Analytical DT1990 "
1628272502272.png

https://diyaudioheaven.wordpress.com/headphones/measurements/brands-a-i/dt-1990-pro/

Sharur

The thought of NOT using equalization to get a more neutral response is blasphemous.
After doing more research, I was reminded of this. You yourself state that the Harman target shows "preferred bass" and is not actually flat. Neutral bass would be a flat line like in Etymotic's curve.

Vini darko

Major Contributor
After doing more research, I was reminded of this. You yourself state that the Harman target shows "preferred bass" and is not actually flat. Neutral bass would be a flat line like in Etymotic's curve.
Neutral bass and treble is a moving target due to hearing sensitivity vrs volume. Harman curve is heavily loudnessed and should preform well at low volume. However as volume increases it becomes just an ugly V curve.

Sharur

Neutral bass and treble is a moving target due to hearing sensitivity vrs volume. Harman curve is heavily loudnessed and should preform well at low volume. However as volume increases it becomes just an ugly V curve.
Are neutral and flat two different things?

buscon

Checking this review the distortion level seems to be quite low. Maybe because of different measurement methods, but now, who should we trust? :)

solderdude

Grand Contributor
Checking this review the distortion level seems to be quite low. Maybe because of different measurement methods, but now, who should we trust? :)
Both as I test at 90dB SPL and Amir at much higher levels.
Beyerdynamic drivers don't like to be played very loud.

Lero

Eq and listen them at low levels and dt880s are perfect all day headphones. I Use them for general porpouse and gaming ( very good for gaming). When i want to listen music at proper level i grab my sundara ! They have super deep bass at low output but they like to distort very very easly when you crank em up. Pretty good detail retrival in my opinion tho.
They have super deep bass at low output WHEN EQed

Top Bottom