• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Bests dac amplifiers for headphones

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
There are many available. What is your budget like?

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Which headphones?

OP
X

Xaviedie

RME ADI2 DAC, en raison de sa liste de fonctionnalités utiles exceptionnelles et uniques. Vous ne serez pas déçu.
ok thank you but I would like to have a top 3 under 1000 €/$ preferably.. because yes I was expecting someone to tell me about the RME ADI 2DAC in this list

PS: I am French and use google translate

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I suggest reading the owners manual for the RME DAC. I read it and that took about 45 minutes but I was going slow. A skim and scan of the features and pages should give you a very good idea of what the RME is capable of.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
ok thank you but I would like to have a top 3 under 1000 €/$ preferably.. because yes I was expecting someone to tell me about the RME ADI 2DAC in this list

PS: I am French and use google translate
Are you aware that the DACs all sound pretty much the same? If you don't want fancy features then just buy a basic DAC. Starting range from USD ~$109 plus shipping and taxes.

threni

Major Contributor
Are you aware that the DACs all sound pretty much the same? If you don't want fancy features then just buy a basic DAC. Starting range from USD ~$109 plus shipping and taxes.
Exactly. Just get the cheapest one from Topping or Schiit and you've pretty much "saved" the money for your HD 800S!

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Last time I checked prices the RME was at € 998 but that is quite some time ago. However if you don't need the features of the RME most DAC-amps in the top list here at ASR will do nicely.

OP
X

Xaviedie

what exactly are these best dac amps, that's what I'm asking? budget 1000 €/$ max (=> i.e. 100/200/300/400/500/600.70.... &cie..1000 €/$ maximum)

List of names of the best amp-dacs?..

OP
X

Xaviedie

Exactly. Just get the cheapest one from Topping or Schiit and you've pretty much "saved" the money for your HD 800S!
Topping have a reputation for poor reliability

Attention I am not talking about headphone amplifier .. but amplifier-dac, 2 in 1

RME is on my list, now I would like to know others under 1000 £/€, or 500 £/$ exceptional

OP
X

Xaviedie

PS: there are many excellent headphone amplifiers according to Amir's tests, such as SMSL etc.. unfortunately, I would like them to have a built-in DAC.. and at the moment I only know the exceptional RME ADI 2 DAC at 1000 €/$ for the moment

I would like to know other amp-dacs under the 500 / 1000 €/$ mark

staticV3

Master Contributor
You can get DAC+Headphone Amp combo units from RME, JDS, Khadas, Schiit, Fiio, ifi (yuck!), Topping, Sabaj, SMSL, Loxjie
Many have been measured by Amirm and WolfX-700.

OP
X

Xaviedie

You can get DAC+Headphone Amp combo units from RME, JDS, Khadas, Schiit, Fiio, ifi (yuck!), Topping, Sabaj, SMSL, Loxjie
Many have been measured by Amirm and WolfX-700.
Thx, yes, however, they are hard to find for me

staticV3

Master Contributor
Thx, yes, however, they are hard to find for me
I can send you links to each brand's website. Or do you know how to find the websites, but can't navigate them?
If it's a language barrier, then you can use Chrome to automatically translate entire websites for you.

OP
X

Xaviedie

I can send you links to each brand's website. Or do you know how to find the websites, but can't navigate them?
If it's a language barrier, then you can use Chrome to automatically translate entire websites for you.
I use google translation but the problem is that Amir has already carried out a lot of tests and I would like to collect (have the links) his best Amplifier-dac tests so that I can analyze all this and finally make my own choice.

Turambar

Use the Search functionality with text DAC AMPLIFIER, titles only and in by member just put amirm.

Top Bottom