• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Best usb to spdif device for genelec 8330

tgj909r

Hello,

This is my first time posting here. I recently bought a pair of Genelec 8330s and it's been wonderful. I am currently using SPDIF/Toslink out from my Apogee Element, and it just involves too many cables and converters in-between my Apogee and Genelec (Apogee Toslink - Toslink to Coax - Coax to AES). I am looking for the best value USB-SPDIF solution, so I could just use my Canare Coax cable and the Canare BNC to AES/EBU impedance changer. Any recommendations?

Last edited:

voodooless

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
so I could just use my Canare Coax cable and the Canare BNC to AES/EBU impedance changer.
You don’t really need a cable with impedance transformer, just RCA to XLR should be fine for distances of a few meters.

OP
T

tgj909r

You don’t really need a cable with impedance transformer, just RCA to XLR should be fine for distances of a few meters.
Will it be better to connect them without it? I already have them.

OP
T

tgj909r

I am using it since more than a year on a daily basis and didn't think about it before you were asking...
Great! I will look into it. It seems like the D10s is the latest version for now so I might pull the trigger on that.

mkt

SMSL PO100 Pro

Top Bottom