• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Best setup for Raspberry Pi with LMS and maybe Roon?

Ralph_Cramden

Major Contributor
Pi 4 with LMS here. Chromecast Audio with the Chromecast plugin into the main desktop system with an RME DAC. Other rooms use either Sonos speakers via the UPnP plugin, or piCorePlayer on Pi Zero W’s with Apple USB-C dongles into powered monitors. The flexibility of LMS is just amazing.

9C73AABE-3877-452D-A55A-51CEE339147A.jpeg

OP
ABall

ABall

Forum Donor
Just signed up for a free trial on Qobuz, installed the plugin for LMS and it works a treat on the Pi, although I would say the Hi Res account is probs a waste of money from what I've heard it's nice to at least have 16/44 streaming, it's a lot quieter than my SB Touch via coax but I still have headroom on my passive buffer preamp. It is at least a good way to get access to music I dont already own.

DomieMic65

when I used Qobuz (unfortunately I had to stop it) the plugin worked very well ... much better than the Tidal plugin

OP
ABall

ABall

Forum Donor
when I used Qobuz (unfortunately I had to stop it) the plugin worked very well ... much better than the Tidal plugin
I wouldn't even try Tidal, I think it wanted money for the hires stuff, I could be wrong but I have 30 days to assess Hi Res on Qobuz for free. I'm happy to say i dont think it will be taking my money for its premium account anyway, I need to see if the cheap account includes 16/44.

Oh I guess that's going to get some attention from the ABX police.....

DomieMic65

there was an offer 4 months for 1€ so I am trying Tidal... I do not like it much.. OK a bit better than Spotify in sound quality but worse in everything else...
Qobuz I liked much much more in terms of content and sound !!

Top Bottom