• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Best cheap USB-C headphone dongles?

staticV3

Master Contributor
Basically a Meizu Hifi replacement with better jitter.
Shame that it's not yet sold outside of China.

toge

my apple dongle is distorting when playing spotify or youtube when I use uapp to unlock the volume. does anyone know a fix? phone is oneplus 10t on android 12.

1.i plug my earphone in, click yes to give uapp access.
2. increase hardware volume to max
3. exit out of uapp and use youtube/spotify

all the sound is distorted and horrible. anyway to get around this?

Jimbob54

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
my apple dongle is distorting when playing spotify or youtube when I use uapp to unlock the volume. does anyone know a fix? phone is oneplus 10t on android 12.

My guess is that something is feeding illegal samples to the dac. Try leaving the volume in uapp 1db or so below max.

toge

My guess is that something is feeding illegal samples to the dac. Try leaving the volume in uapp 1db or so below max.
theres no indicator in UAPP to tell you what db I'm leaving it at.

it is weird because i either get no sound or this distorted sound, no idea how to fix it without buying a different dongle. sigh i've just emailed hiby for a replace FC3 where one of the channels no longer works.

btw jimbob does that L7audiolab test tell you how much output the MB21P can produce? can it do 2vrm?

Last edited:

staticV3

Master Contributor
btw jimbob does that L7audiolab test tell you how much output the MB21P can produce? can it do 2vrm?
Very first graph of the review:
1672920058-Dashboard.jpg

Tint0906

I have a pc38x headset which I've been using with an Apple dongle on my laptop just fine. I got the mblu hifi pro (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000828212055.html) thinking it would be an upgrade, but the microphone is extremely quiet on it vs the apple one.

I looked at the ibasso dc03 pro but that doesn't have microphone support, so now I'm pondering the jcally jm10. Any suggestions on a dongle that has mic support and is an upgrade to the apple one would be appreciated!

Elitzur–Vaidman

Addicted to Fun and Learning

I've been having the same issue with my Pixel 4a. What I've found works is to play music through uapp for a small amount of time before exiting (just enough to hear it playing cleanly). I have no idea why this works, but it does.

toge

I've been having the same issue with my Pixel 4a. What I've found works is to play music through uapp for a small amount of time before exiting (just enough to hear it playing cleanly). I have no idea why this works, but it does.
thanks ill give it a try

toge

Any of you guys a dab hand in dac repairs? I want to attempt to fix the right channel of my hiby fc3 myself but no idea what to do after it get it open or how to troubleshoot

Last edited:

Elitzur–Vaidman

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Any of you guys a dab hand in dac repairs? I want to attempt to fix the right channel of my hiby fc3 myself but no idea what to do after it get it open or how to troubleshoot
For something that small, your best bet would probably be trying some electronics cleaner in the jack. The other likely candidate would be a cracked solder joint, but that could be a tricky repair given the size/form factor.

toge

It didn't fix it. Sigh
For something that small, your best bet would probably be trying some electronics cleaner in the jack. The other likely candidate would be a cracked solder joint, but that could be a tricky repair given the size/form factor.

toge

MB21P just appeared in my taobao agent warehouse.
KgOQ0rj_d.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom