• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Best dap for new comer?

OP
baronearikov

baronearikov

I have the single SIM US T-Mobile unlocked edition which has been the best for OS updates.
Then that will give you 10 eur that you can put toward a case or power bank or a microSD card for all your music! :)
I have already ordered the item; it cost me $188, including shipping to Bosnia. I will spend the rest of the money on Tanchjim Tanya , Micro sd or USB-C DACs in the future. Thanks in advance

Jmudrick

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
I have already ordered the item; it cost me $188, including shipping to Bosnia. I will spend the rest of the money on Tanchjim Tanya , Micro sd or USB-C DACs in the future. Thanks in advance
Can't beat that for value. Enjoy.

DS_Construct

Great choices.

OP
baronearikov

baronearikov

Can't beat that for value. Enjoy.
hi there
After several days of waiting, my LG V60 has finally arrived. Although I have several questions, it came with Android 12. Should I upgrade to 13 for better audio? And do you usually use EQ, or do you just leave it be?

Attachments

• V60.jpg
    V60.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 51

DS_Construct

hi there
After several days of waiting, my LG V60 has finally arrived. Although I have several questions, it came with Android 12. Should I upgrade to 13 for better audio? And do you usually use EQ, or do you just leave it be?
I don't think the upgrade will affect the audio. I have always kept my LG on the latest version as a habit. I do use EQ for IEMs and Headphones. On the LG, you go into Sound and you can set up a custom EQ and filters as well.

Jmudrick

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
hi there
My LG V60 has been rock solid on Android 13, no reason I see not to update.

JCM800

Earlier this year I bought a Hiby R2 Gen II and it’s been largely disappointing. The sync doesn’t work, phone control doesn’t work and worst of all it plays album tracks in ALPHABETICAL order instead by their track number. It’s usable and maybe a future firmware update will fix this stuff if there’s been nothing so far.

Needless to say I’d steer you away anything Hiby.

UPDATE: Sometime in Dec '23 / Jan '24, I wrote to Hiby about that issue and actually got a reply. They seemed to care. In Feb, they released a firmware update for the R2 II that fixed the track order bug I mentioned, greatly improving my feelings about the player and company.

Top Bottom