• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Best dap for new comer?

Jmudrick

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
According to DS_Construct, the V50 is deemed better than the V60. Any thoughts on that?

According to DS_Construct, the V50 is deemed better than the V60. Any thoughts on that?
Can't imagine that being the case. Considered the V50 but preferred the form factor, better battery life, and updated software of the V60 (don't value MQA). I found the V30 to have some glitches but the V60 is the best phone I've ever owned (and I'm 67 not 16 or 20).

Last edited:
OP
baronearikov

baronearikov

Can't imagine that being the case. Considered the V50 but preferred the form factor, better battery life, and updated software of the V60 (don't value MQA). I found the V30 to have some glitches but the V60 is the best phone I've ever owned (and I'm 67 not 16 or 20).
Okay, sir, I will consider getting the LG V60. Is there something I need to do, like root and install a custom ROM

OP
baronearikov

baronearikov

Being it seems you are not sure, the first thing I would say is make a small investment on s simple dongle dac to use on your S10 just to find what sound you are really looking for, and add as you need. If available to you something as simple as the Ifi Go Link will greatly improve just what are dealing with directly from the S10. Also open your mind to other options, sometimes the simplest will do. I am no purist, I will use EQ if needed for small adjustments. Being you are new to the hobby be careful and think about each step and what you are looking for. I can not tell you how many times I bought what I wanted and not really what I needed. Now I have 3DAP's, over 50 IEM's, 22 Headphones, 15 DAC/Amps etc.... and I really now only use maybe 5 items normally from my collection. And one set Up I will use is an ole S10e with a dac/amp with a 4.4 option which can sound almost as good as my DAPs.
Can you name the items, whether it's a DAC or an amp, that I should try?

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'd keep it simple with an Apple 3.5mm to USB adapter and USBPlayer Pro software to use it's full potential bypassing the Android sound stack. $15 and only one device to carry around. The 7hz Salnotes Zero:2 ot Truthear Zero Blue and you'll be really happy.

nerdemoji

apple dongle and be done with it

if you must get something more, qudelix 5k because it has eq built in

DS_Construct

Okay, sir, I will consider getting the LG V60. Is there something I need to do, like root and install a custom
You don't really need anything but the V60. It has a 3.5 connection and a quad ESS dac with an amp. The sound is fantastic and if you are into gaming, you can get the case that gives it a 2nd screen.

nerdemoji

TurtlePaul

If you are using an Android phone and Zero:2 IEMs, you should get the Moondrop Free DSP USB-C cable. It measures very well, you don’t need an extra dongle (it replaces the IEMs cable) and you can play with the DSP.

OP
baronearikov

baronearikov

I'd keep it simple with an Apple 3.5mm to USB adapter and USBPlayer Pro software to use it's full potential bypassing the Android sound stack. $15 and only one device to carry around. The 7hz Salnotes Zero:2 ot Truthear Zero Blue and you'll be really happy.
apple dongle and be done with it

if you must get something more, qudelix 5k because it has eq built in
the apple dongle is shockingly good for how simple and cheap it is, or at least I've heard
LG V60 + Apple dongle (3.5 mm to usb c ) is it a good start??

OP
baronearikov

baronearikov

Why would you need a dongle with the V60. Whole point is being able to use its internal DAC isn't it?
Oh, right. Anyway, I saw on AliEx that there are two versions of the V60: single SIM and dual SIM. I wonder if there is a significant difference in audio quality, even though I won't be putting my SIM card there. Do you own the single SIM card edition?

Jmudrick

Forum Donor
Oh, right. Anyway, I saw on AliEx that there are two versions of the V60: single SIM and dual SIM. I wonder if there is a significant difference in audio quality, even though I won't be putting my SIM card there. Do you own the single SIM card edition?
I have the single SIM US T-Mobile unlocked edition which has been the best for OS updates.

Top Bottom