• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Best bass headphones

ZööZ

Addicted to Fun and Learning
The plot isn't showing the same thing but yes 15dB at 7kHz is about the worst I have ever seen.
It's twice as bad as Beyerdynamic treble.
Yes the peak seems to be in totally different frequency, my bad.

solderdude

Grand Contributor
The plot you showed is the level that is measured at 'eardrum' level of a HATS measurement rig with 2 different methods of measuring sounds well outside of the rig. The peak you see is the combined 'boost' from the artificial pinna + ear canal.
When that rig were to measure that US Ed10 the peak around 7kHz would be another 15dB higher. That's piercing.

Maybe, just maybe, this headphone was designed for people with severe hearing loss or folks with lots of hair over their ears + wearing a beany and having the headphone sit on top of this. :)

Robbo99999

Master Contributor
Forum Donor

eboleyn

Forum Donor
I used to be more concerned about the response profile of headphones and speakers until I just kind of gave up and now always use a digital equalizer for any detailed listening. :rolleyes: Of course you still want low distortion and not *too* much imbalance requiring equalization.

RighteousNuts

Haven't found a set better than campfire audio cascades ( get the XL pads).

D

Deleted member 4708

Audeze - by far. Or any planar headphones. And you can EQ them without distortion. Most dynamic headphones have anemic bass and when EQd to increase it they distort. A lot!

pk500

Audeze - by far. Or any planar headphones. And you can EQ them without distortion. Most dynamic headphones have anemic bass and when EQd to increase it they distort. A lot!

I take it you haven't heard the Meze 99 Classics. :)

D

Deleted member 4708

I would argue the complete opposite.
Based on what? Measurements show planars have good bass and low distortion in the bass. My Stax SR-009 have 0.2% to 0.3% THD between 20 to 100 Hz and the bass portion is flat unlike many dynamic headphones.

D

Deleted member 3116

Based on what? Measurements show planars have good bass and low distortion in the bass. My Stax SR-009 have 0.2% to 0.3% THD between 20 to 100 Hz and the bass portion is flat unlike many dynamic headphones.
Based on listening...

I agree with the above as fostex being some of best for bass. Can you tell me why based on the measurements?

Sophia Garcia

Hi guys, so I'm looking for some heavy bass headphones that would be great for listening to
Hi guys, so I'm looking for some heavy bass headphones that would be great for listening to electronic & hip hop music.
Which are the best bass headphones in2020? Which is the indisputable king of bass?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions...

ce for any suggestions...

I recommend you to to choose big brand headphones like boat, JBL etc. as I am personally using their headphones since years. But you know what, according to me, music system or an app matters a lot in deciding music base. Yes, It does. I would like to share that I am a marketing personnel and I have to travel a lot to attend seminars/meetings. So I use to listen music while traveling and I prefer too have the best sound quality player on my iPhone and Android devices. I tried an application named as Media Leap which has a great sound quality. You can maximize the sound 3times more than any other media player app without compromising the sound quality . Try it.

Top Bottom