• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Beer thread, what you drinkin..

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
Good I am glad, yes it has to be from a tap (though Guiness are trying to innovate with some 'machines' that try to get a 'perfect' pint from special cans (not the take away can's though).

Many times I have had many a nice pint of Guinness on my travels (including in Canada) but IMO there is consistency in certain pubs in Ireland. I hope you get a chance to try some in Ireland in the future.
I wish I where visiting Ireland. I was advised the surfing is top notch by a friend that I met here in Canada that was trying to get a programming position and ended up working construction for about a year. The scenery is fantastic, it would be great to see the culture, be immersed and experience what some of my relatives are like on their home soil. My mother was of Irish blood and my father Scotch so the entire region is interesting for me. :D

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
Up now:
Moonlight Brewing Reality Czech Pilsner

On deck:
Moonlight Brewing Bony Fingers
Seasonal Black Lager, 6.7%

Ilkless

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
IMG_20221024_132739.jpg

Nice, hint of smoke

Part of a tasting menu at a local taproom. Red circles for the standouts imo.

IMG_20221024_134721.jpg

IMG_20221024_134755.jpg

Suffolkhifinut

Major Contributor
My local serves a decent Guinness according to visiting Irishmen.
Before the 1997 handover of Hong Kong to the Chinese went there and was invited to try the draught Guinness at the Army Base in Aberdeen. Looked forward too it and it was a wind up, they put a bottle under and then used a hand operated pump to make it ‘Draught‘. in my younger days the older drinkers told me when it came to bottled Guinness ask the barmen to show the bottle before it was opened. If it said Dublin then Liverpool buy it, if it was the other way around don’t. They said Dublin first meant it was brewed in Ireland with water from the Liffey.

Honken

Nice, hint of smoke

Part of a tasting menu at a local taproom. Red circles for the standouts imo.
I've had quite a few of Northern Monks beers over the past year or so, quite enjoyed most of them!

Just poured myself a glass of this Double Bastard, a favorite for sure!
61-CD68-CD-F8-DB-48-D1-A646-4-E82-FFA46-D3-F.jpg

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
Obviously you aren’t on the West Coast! :p I don’t mind a good breakfast beer, but 10:22am is a little too early for that! ;)

(Sweden?)

I used to see a bunch of their beer up here in NorCal but sadly they haven’t been showing up with the same regularity lately… some of their stuff is a little too over the top, but some of it warrants repeatedly opening, pouring and swallowing with gusto!

Enjoy! :D

Honken

Obviously you aren’t on the West Coast! :p I don’t mind a good breakfast beer, but 10:22am is a little too early for that! ;)

(Sweden?)

I used to see a bunch of their beer up here in NorCal but sadly they haven’t been showing up with the same regularity lately… some of their stuff is a little too over the top, but some of it warrants repeatedly opening, pouring and swallowing with gusto!

Enjoy! :D
It's 8 'o clock... in the evening here.

They are a rarity here as well unfortunately, which is why I sort of jump on the opportunity when I see their beers on offer here, which is yes, Sweden.

They do have a semi-local branch here in Europe though, a brewery in Berlin. One of my gotos is one of theirs, the "Delicious IPA". Very citrusy and bitter, but perhaps not the most complex palette.

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
Divine Chord, an Altbier from Oakland's Original Pattern Brewing Company

ryanosaur

Major Contributor
Here are some of the ones I've had since my last post :)
snacgks.jpg

DgqFeAS.jpg

nEAYcuA.jpg
You aren't posting enough if you've got that many piled up in your queue! ;)

BTW, That Lagunitas Waldos' Special was a good one. I hope you enjoyed it. Glad you could find it down in your neck of the woods!

gorb

Forum Donor
You aren't posting enough if you've got that many piled up in your queue! ;)

BTW, That Lagunitas Waldos' Special was a good one. I hope you enjoyed it. Glad you could find it down in your neck of the woods!

I just get lazy lol

We usually see Waldos’ once a year or however often it’s released. Great beer :)

Top Bottom