• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

BC Acoustique speakers or new ones for 400-500$?

SacreDro

Hi,

I was searching for some new speakers, I have the Wharfedale Dimond 11.2s paired with a Yamaha A-S201 2x50w amp and I was looking for a new pair to upgrade them.
Currently I have them place a 3/4 up on the wall in a corner, since this is where I have mounted a "stand" with stuff and all.
Now...I want to either move them to another room in the house and get new ones, but don't know if new speakers will do that much in the sound department, since the placement is not ideal.
I was looking currently for some Wharfedale's 12.2(300$) since I saw that they got good reviews, also the SVS Prime and the Monitor Audio Silver 50/100(400/500$), Dynaudio DM-6(380$ reduced) these are within my budget, I didn't want to spend more that 300-400$, but if I can find some nice ones that are worth an extra 100$, I will pay, so I won't have to search and upgrade them.
I found some vintage BC Acoustique Tamise Fostex speakers which they look from their website premium https://www.bc-acoustique.com/vintage/vintage-gamme-classic , for 300$ or so.
Wondering if vintage are OK and if the brand is OK, otherwise I can get a kit from Danny from GR-Research, which I found recently, and buy or build my own cabinets for the kit.
Emotiva B1+ I couldn't find in stock, Focus Chora and B&W above my budget new and don't know how good they are new or used, even though they have good reviews from what I saw, but not sure if it's BS most of them.
I want to get the best bang for the buck that I can find and I am leaning towards the BC Acoustique or the Monitor Audio ones.
PS: I live in the EU, so some US models may not be available or the prices may differ.

Thanks.

Last edited:
OP
S

SacreDro

Top Bottom