• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

EQ file for Wharfedale Diamond 9.1

AudioLimey

Hello

I'm a new convert to affordable EQ...just installed MathAudio Headphone EQ into foobar2000.

My speakers are the Wharfedale Diamond 9.1, to which I listen via a desk setup, so near field, about 50cm from the baffles.
The room is untreated but there's at least 90cm to side and rear walls.
No sub.

GR Research has an analogue upgrade for the 9.1, FR graphs can be found here: https://gr-research.com/product/wharfedale-diamond-9-1-upgrade/

Does anyone have an EQ file that replicates this in MathAudio please?
If you do, could you reply and post-in the contents of the file?

I've tried searching this forum and also looked in @pierre 's website (https://www.spinorama.org), but couldn't find anything.

Many thanks

staticV3

Master Contributor
Short of actually measuring your in-room response, I would use Stereophile's anechoic on-axis frequency response measurement to correct your Diamond 9.1:
WharfW91fig4.jpg

Keeping in mind that the bass hump is an artifact of Stereophile's measurement methodology, I would restrict the EQ correction to >300Hz.

You can use WebPlotDigitizer to turn the graph into a .csv file, which you can load into REW or https://autoeq.app/ for automatic filter calculation.

OP
A

AudioLimey

You mean room EQ? https://audiophilestyle.com/forums/...oom-eq-plug-in-for-foobar2000-from-mathaudio/
Get a measurement microphone and let it do it's job, repeat the measurements at least cuple of times and results should be good.

Actually no. On another thread, @staticV3 said to use the Headphone plugin.

1705410976334.png

The linked thread was about applying a shelf filter (albeit for a different set of speakers)

Some I'm confused about which plugin I should be using.

I thought you can just apply a filter without having to do any room measurements oneself?

Attachments

• 1705410900023.png
    1705410900023.png
    28.7 KB · Views: 25

staticV3

Master Contributor
Actually no. On another thread, @staticV3 said to use the Headphone plugin.

1705410976334.png

The linked thread was about applying a shelf filter (albeit for a different set of speakers)
The Headphone EQ plugin is for applying manual EQ settings. It works the same for speakers or headphones.

The Room EQ plugin is for importing your REW Speaker measurements and automatic room EQ.

I thought you can just apply a filter without having to do any room measurements oneself?
You can, using Mathaudio Headphone EQ.

OP
A

AudioLimey

The Headphone EQ plugin is for applying manual EQ settings. It works the same for speakers or headphones.

The Room EQ plugin is for importing your REW Speaker measurements and automatic room EQ.

You can, using Mathaudio Headphone EQ.
Thanks @staticV3 . So I have successfully imported one of Pierre's EQ files into the Headphone EQ plugin. I'm now looking for an EQ file specifically for the Diamond 9.1, if someone happens to have one that they can post here?

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
Thanks @staticV3 . So I have successfully imported one of Pierre's EQ files into the Headphone EQ plugin. I'm now looking for an EQ file specifically for the Diamond 9.1, if someone happens to have one that they can post here?
Get the mic and EQ the room not the speakers! And I don't care would you do it by hand or automatic. You need to see what you are EQ-ing anyway. This are not headphones. Any half deacent measurement microphone would do (doesn't have to be UMIK-1) and not only for lows but at least up to 5 KHz and without calibration file.

Barry_Sound

Hello

I'm a new convert to affordable EQ...just installed MathAudio Headphone EQ into foobar2000.

My speakers are the Wharfedale Diamond 9.1, to which I listen via a desk setup, so near field, about 50cm from the baffles.
The room is untreated but there's at least 90cm to side and rear walls.
No sub.

GR Research has an analogue upgrade for the 9.1, FR graphs can be found here: https://gr-research.com/product/wharfedale-diamond-9-1-upgrade/

Does anyone have an EQ file that replicates this in MathAudio please?
If you do, could you reply and post-in the contents of the file?

I've tried searching this forum and also looked in @pierre 's website (https://www.spinorama.org), but couldn't find anything.

Many thanks

Go ahead if its fun but I dont think you can magically EQ something into budget speakers that isnt physically there. Room EQ doesnt matter much in your near field scenario either. Adjusting your seat height or leaning left / right will have a more dramatic effect.

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
Go ahead if its fun but I dont think you can magically EQ something into budget speakers that isnt physically there. Room EQ doesnt matter much in your near field scenario either. Adjusting your seat height or leaning left / right will have a more dramatic effect.
Room bonderies are there and physics. When you deal with room modes you have already done half the job, luckily few won't have pronounced peek caused by room and even less won't have phase cancelled somewhere. And it will be there in low and high SPL levels and in any field. To deal with something you need to be able to see it and of course there is no compensation for optimal placement.
Played with their room EQ and it's pretty useful and dose multipass averaging while it's easy to use.

staticV3

Master Contributor
I'm now looking for an EQ file specifically for the Diamond 9.1, if someone happens to have one that they can post here?
Here's one I made using Stereophile's measurements:
Wharfedale Diamond 9,1 - Frequency Response EQ edit.png

Attachments

• Diamond 9,1 EQ.txt
    235 bytes · Views: 46
Top Bottom