• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

£500 PA recommendations for a starting DJ

daniel.mij

Hello!

I am a starting DJ and want to get a basic PA system for small house parties (max 30 people) in my living room with a budget of up to £500.

Initially, I got this: https://www.gear4music.com/PA-DJ-an...W-10-PA-System-With-Digital-Media-Player/1O34
and well... I thought I would get away with a cheap option but they arrived, I plugged them in and no, I need better quality and so I increased the budget to £500.

What do you think I should get? I have pretty much no expertise but it seems I need a sub as well but maybe I can get away without one? Is it possible to get something better in my budget?

Thanks a lot for your help.
D

ZolaIII

Major Contributor
Sorry I thought you want only amplifier for the budget. No idea for whole system for that money.

Puddingbuks

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Assuming you already have something for playback, something like this will do:

Or this for a little bit more:

OP
D

daniel.mij

OP
D

daniel.mij

Assuming you already have something for playback, something like this will do:

Or this for a little bit more:

Sorry, I know I am completely green, but what do you mean by something for playback?

Multicore

Major Contributor
Sorry, I know I am completely green, but what do you mean by something for playback?
Do you have a computer with DJ software, CD players, turntables, DJ mixer, that kind of thing? Equipment that will produce the audio signal you send to the PA.

You might want to try YouTube for videos that explain DJ gear a bit.

OP
D

daniel.mij

Do you have a computer with DJ software, CD players, turntables, DJ mixer, that kind of thing? Equipment that will produce the audio signal you send to the PA.

You might want to try YouTube for videos that explain DJ gear a bit.
Oh yeah, I have everything but the PA. After doing some more research about the dsp 112 it seems to be what I need so I think I will go with two of these or 110s of the same range.

Puddingbuks

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
That ES602 seems sweet too reading the reviews. Smaller and certainly enough indoors.

Top Bottom