• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

AXPONA 2022-Anyone attending?-Exhibitor list now up

OP
MarcT

MarcT

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
As long as no one brings up pineapples in their pizza. Once pineapples are involved, things deteriorate quickly, and the mods have to get involved.
I take it you're not a fan of Hawaiian Pizza?:D

anmpr1

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I take it you're not a fan of Hawaiian Pizza?:D
I don't want to discuss personal stuff. Like that. Why would I want to possibly slug it out with friends? I remember mentioning anchovies once, and it got ugly... Politics, religion, and pizza. You've got to draw the line.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I don't want to discuss personal stuff. Like that. Why would I want to possibly slug it out with friends? I remember mentioning anchovies once, and it got ugly... Politics, religion, and pizza. You've got to draw the line.
Om nom nom... I like buying frozen already prepared pizzas and then putting a whole small tin of salty anchovies on top with extra green peppers, onions and cheese so it's a mess but tasty, salty and gooey... :D

anmpr1

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Om nom nom... I like buying frozen already prepared pizzas and then putting a whole small tin of salty anchovies on top with extra green peppers, onions and cheese so it's a mess but tasty, salty and gooey... :D
I always suspected you were hard core. The Mick Foley of pizza pies.

Cactus_Jack_(Wrestler).jpg

TitaniumTroy

The best deep dish pizza comes from a place called Labriola in River North.

I've tried them all and this one is the best.
I too love Labriola, with it's caramelized crust definitely on my favorite list.

The last time Amir attended AXPONA, we went to Lou Malnati's after a longggg wait, we ordered two small pizzas with different toppings. One was fair tasting the other horrible, I have been to a different location once and it was much better.

I'll be checking in on Thursday sometime, I don't want to fight the traffic the day of the show. Staying until Sunday afternoon, a place I have been a couple of times and really like is Chicago Prime Italian.

Last edited:

MacCali

Major Contributor
I too love Labriola, with it's caramelized crust definitely on my favorite list.

The last time Amir attended AXPONA, we went to Lou Malnati's after a longggg wait, we ordered two small pizzas with different toppings. One was fair tasting the other horrible, I have been to a different location once and it was much better.

I'll be checking in on Thursday sometime, I don't want to fight the traffic the day of the show. Staying until Sunday afternoon, a place I have been a couple of times and really like is Chicago Prime Italian.
Just changed my flight to Tuesday, was going on Thursday but they asked me if I wanted a free upgrade to first class by leaving earlier.

Don’t Mind If I Do

So I will have 2 full days of Chicago and nights out on the town. Pizza overdose

nerdoldnerdith

Just changed my flight to Tuesday, was going on Thursday but they asked me if I wanted a free upgrade to first class by leaving earlier.

Don’t Mind If I Do

So I will have 2 full days of Chicago and nights out on the town. Pizza overdose
Chicago has great pizza, but it also has some of the best hot dogs and burgers in the country. Try to get a burger at Au Cheval. It will change your life.

OP
MarcT

MarcT

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Chicago has great pizza, but it also has some of the best hot dogs and burgers in the country. Try to get a burger at Au Cheval. It will change your life.
Lol, will it change it to longer or shorter?;)

MacCali

Major Contributor
I always like to see what locals suggest.

But in my experience over the years I have really come to trust Thrillst and Eater.

So far been to a dozen destinations where they came in super solid, in my city and on vacation.

And also it’s not like 1 restaurant per city, they have a legit lists of 10/20/30 and I hit up multiple suggested locations.

They are both restaurant reviews done by legit food critics, so far honestly it has only failed me one time in Florida. The review was written almost 18 months prior. So things could have easily changed.

On the other hand Yelp has failed me numerous times back to back. No surprise, as some people think McDonald’s is a 5 star review lol

ezslc

Not sure if I can ask this here... first time at Axpona or any audio show for that matter. I am staying in Lincoln Park curious if any locals hailing from the downtown surrounding areas want to carpool to and from the show can provide money for gas etc? Since its only 3 days I dont really want to rent a car and ubering twice a day seems excessive.

MacCali

Major Contributor
Not sure if I can ask this here... first time at Axpona or any audio show for that matter. I am staying in Lincoln Park curious if any locals hailing from the downtown surrounding areas want to carpool to and from the show can provide money for gas etc? Since its only 3 days I dont really want to rent a car and ubering twice a day seems excessive.
I’m in Schaumburg otherwise I would be down.

If no one is down you may have to Uber also if you download the Waze app they have carpool service with your request, but it’s usually for people that work.

Second would be public transit one way and Uber back save some money. Not sure if it’s possible or how pt works in ill

Midwest Blade

Even though I am in Chicago I am planning to take a pass for this year. There are a few things I would probably enjoy to see and hear but basically none of the seminars. Hopefully, someway, somehow, we might see a more objectivist view emerge at these audio shows.

MacCali

Major Contributor
Is this or which is the biggest dedicated stereo based audio expo?

TitaniumTroy

Is this or which is the biggest dedicated stereo based audio expo?
I would guess this show is like 95% stereo, probably a dozen rooms are for home theatre and surround sound. Seaton Sound, Polk, Emotiva, SVS, HSU to name a few. It's the biggest stereo show in this North America for sure.

Last edited:

MacCali

Major Contributor
I would guess this show is like 95% stereo, probably a dozen rooms are for home theatre and surround sound. Seaton Sound, Polk, Emotiva, SVS, HSU to name a few. It's the biggest stereo show in this North America for sure.
Yea this one is pretty deep. I went the Florida audio expo in February and they had 50 exhibitors and seems like this one rolling at least 120+ probably so this will be my biggest.

This my second audio expo. Just got into audio September 2020

Just wondering if anything is bigger than this

Top Bottom