• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Aune S8 Balanced DAC Review

Archlich

The problem in China is their internet is heavily “secured” by the government, which I bet need some sort of backdoor or utilities their given basic codes which might’ve out of date, as a Hong Kong er I somehow think if they use some newer USA security safety measures they will be invited for a tea time in the police station

It seems to be an universal issue among Chinese websites - business, public utility, government - all have messy, outdated websites that's not designed to help. Most are just laziness, the government ones are products of incompetence and bureaucracy. It's not like your average Chinese people would visit them anyway.

Nearly all manufacturers (in the audiophile industry at least) primarily use social media to market and distribute information - which are even more heavily (and readily) censored. With that, they won't be able to get around anything. They just don't care.

Last edited:

YSC

Major Contributor
It seems to be an universal issue among Chinese websites - business, public utility, government - all have messy, outdated websites that's not designed to help. Most are just laziness, the government ones are products of incompetence and bureaucracy. It's not like your average Chinese people would visit them anyway.

Nearly all manufacturers (in the audiophile industry at least) primarily use social media to market and distribute information - which are even more heavily (and readily) censored. With that, they won't be able to get around anything. They just don't care.
Yea, and as such and the recently updated security cert system I believe most sites are censored and that they can't even obtain the proper cert or source code. thus us living in the free world will have hell lot of security warnings

Jimster480

Major Contributor
I wonder if its a problem with chinese hosts and HTTPS. The chinese govt doesn't like security because its harder to spy / monitor web traffic. Therefore most chinese websites don't have HTTPS and that is why you are getting the warning. It doesn't have anything to do with the website being hacked.

As far as Amir's recommendation; I don't see why its a problem if the device performs great and looks high end too. Does it mean hes saying its better than the newest Topping? No. He is just saying that he can recommend it because its a well made product.

I think that they probably planned to launch this already but with the nCoV2019 outbreak things are probably pushed back. Hopefully everyone from the company survives the virus and is able to release these products. If not Amir may have a relic of a company lost in a mass plague.

Vince2

When I tried to get my aune x1s dac after 5 months of use repaired, there was no warranty or repair option offered by aune. Be forewarned.

YSC

Major Contributor
When I tried to get my aune x1s dac after 5 months of use repaired, there was no warranty or repair option offered by aune. Be forewarned.
Not sounding for a product looking and performing good

Yuno

I think who you should really caution people about, is reseller you bought from. My x1s came with 2 year warranty, which I fortunately did not have to use.

pozz

Слава Україні
Forum Donor
Editor
Reactions: Tks

Error415

Holy sh*t, hopefully the damn virus is not known to spread through DACs. I would quarantine the AP analyzer for a couple weeks Amir - focus on speaker reviews till the dust settles.

I hope you were trying to be funny if not I feel sorry for those around you.

Top Bottom