• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Audiophiles. They all sound the same.

Sgt. Ear Ache

Major Contributor
Its not like its going to change anything. They will still continue to believe in what they want. The same goes for you and others in this forum. As long as you are happy with what you have, who cares what others think?

It already is changing things.

If all the golden ears ever did was stay at home and listen to their cables and power cleaners there wouldn't be any problem. But that isn't what they do. Instead, they run around forums and post youtube videos advocating the sonic merits of all the goofy snake-oil gizmos they waste big money on and in so doing they contribute to the continuation of what amounts to a pure scam that allows snake-oil salesmen to profit. Information is good. The only way to counteract lies is to spread more truth.

escksu

Addicted to Fun and Learning
It already is changing things.

If all the golden ears ever did was stay at home and listen to their cables and power cleaners there wouldn't be any problem. But that isn't what they do. Instead, they run around forums and post youtube videos advocating the sonic merits of all the goofy snake-oil gizmos they waste big money on and in so doing they contribute to the continuation of what amounts to a pure scam that allows snake-oil salesmen to profit. Information is good. The only way to counteract lies is to spread more truth.

I would say just ignore them.

rdenney

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I would say just ignore them.
Fine, but they keep sending subversive emissaries over here to kick the anthill.

Most don't care how people spend their money. It's the lying* about the audible improvements from snake-oil products that raises the dander.

Though it must be acknowledged that most here assume the perceptions are detected in good faith and simply subject to unconscious bias. Based on my own history with self-delusion, I'm not so sure.

Rick "more familiar with finding dumb excuses to spend money than most" Denney

Sgt. Ear Ache

Major Contributor
Fine, but they keep sending subversive emissaries over here to kick the anthill.

Most don't care how people spend their money. It's the lying* about the audible improvements from snake-oil products that raises the dander.

Though it must be acknowledged that most here assume the perceptions are detected in good faith and simply subject to unconscious bias. Based on my own history with self-delusion, I'm not so sure.

Rick "more familiar with finding dumb excuses to spend money than most" Denney

Lots of unconscious bias for sure, but by no means do I think all the claims are in good faith. I'm pretty sure lots of the people selling the stuff know full well it isn't doing anything at all for sound.

Grotti

Forum Donor
Lots of unconscious bias for sure, but by no means do I think all the claims are in good faith. I'm pretty sure lots of the people selling the stuff know full well it isn't doing anything at all for sound.
I could prove that by quoting several commercial agents of well known distributors of snakeoil when talking to them at a bar at night after a long day at an audio trade. Most of them are aware of what useless nonsense they are selling to make their living. But they never would say this in public when they are sober.... Hell, even i fed the system back then. But the good thing is: when you give yourself the chance and open your mind to objectivistic approach, there is no way back. I could never be a part of this industry again.

rdenney

Major Contributor
Forum Donor

Rick "and the people buying it" Denney

MusicNBeer

Forum Donor
As with others, my problem comes when certain Alpha type audiophiles start spewing misinformation and downright lies. I have zero issue with someone wanting fancy equipment, fancy cables, etc. It's the arrogant lies and complete arrogant ignorance that irritates me. Love vinyl, awesome, so do I. Just don't tell me RBCD is low-fi compared to vinyl, and don't tell me you need 96/24 needledrops. Rant over.

Slayer

Would the tea be loose leaf or bag? Chinese or Indian?
I believe this would be what audiophile's consider TeaBagging.
1621196716764.png

Attachments

• 1621196697809.png
    1621196697809.png
    312.6 KB · Views: 66
Top Bottom