• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Female audiophiles on YouTube, sign the audiophile community could be becoming more diverse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoenixdogfan

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Except you know nothing about me. I could cast aspersions on your character but I’ll pass. Everybody is entitled to an opinion without being cancelled.
The term "cancelled" is being used promiscuously by a whole host of people with socially repellant opinions. "Cancelling" is how any society which has free speech (which means nothing more than the government can't put you in jail for your public utterances, btw) corrects individuals uttering outre, racist, discriminatory, slanderous, and inflamatory opinions. That's why people who say the world is flat, whale oil is the best way to light your house, a woman's place is in the kitchen, and people of color are best confined to the menial service occupations have a hard time finding a sympathetic ear. If that's considered "cancellation" then good on the people doing the cancelling. And all I can say is instead of bitching about it, it's high time those being "cancelled" learn to, in the words of the US Declaration of Independence, have "a decent respect for the opinions of mankind."

Leejb1970

The term "cancelled" is being used promiscuously by a whole host of people with socially repellant opinions. "Cancelling" is how any society which has free speech (which means nothing more than the government can't put you in jail for your public utterances, btw) corrects individuals uttering outre, racist, discriminatory, slanderous, and inflamatory opinions. That's why people who say the world is flat, whale oil is the best way to light your house, a woman's place is in the kitchen, and people of color are best confined to the menial service occupations have a hard time finding a sympathetic ear. If that's considered "cancellation" then good on the people doing the cancelling. And all I can say is instead of bitching about it, it's high time those being "cancelled" learn to, in the words of the US Declaration of Independence, have "a decent respect for the opinions of mankind."
The gulag awaits you.

antcollinet

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Also - being called out for your discriminatory "ism" or "phobia" of choice is not cancellation.

Somafunk

Major Contributor
@Leejb1970 So you DO genuinely think women have no place when commenting on football?, I thought you were being ironic but perhaps not.

slaweks

Forum Donor
From what I have noticed, the audiophile world is made up exclusively of senior people, generally men, dripping with sexist stereotypes of the past. The new generations (no matter what gender they are) are not very interested in hi-fi, I think because it is a very expensive hobby
Stereotypes are usually correct, they did not come out of nowhere, they reflect averages.

Leejb1970

@Leejb1970 So you DO genuinely think women have no place when commenting on football?, I thought you were being ironic but perhaps not.
Well I have no problem with them commenting on other sports or events because historically, they have done so with particular knowledge in their field. Football, not so much. It's quota tick boxing. Also, if people find the women's game is for them, then fairplay. Just don't pass it off as equivalent to the men's game. That's where the objections rise from.

VintageFlanker

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
So you DO genuinely think women have no place when commenting on football?
He absolutely does.

The gulag awaits you.
Yeah, sure. Please don't play the "cancel victim" when people just call you what you really are. You could also sayin' out loud : I'm sexist. That would be a more honest move IMHO.

Bye.

Somafunk

Major Contributor
Ah I see, they should stick to netball and not encroach on “the beautiful game” as their historical skill set and feeble minds cannot comprehend the artistry and greatness of mens football, women know your place eh?.

Personally I dont care about the game of football, never been to nor watched a game in my life but I’ll defend the right of every women to stand on the bodies of misogynist’s everywhere they are found

Another dick to place on ignore

OP
BobbyTimmons

BobbyTimmons

It's because if i told you my personal believes, someone would start a struggle session and call me a misogynist boomer idiot, as can be read in this very thread before.

I then would defend myself, get my ass banned and the misandrist pigs would have won.:p
This is not a political discussion. The audiophile community has no political intentions or political power. We are about at the level of the knitting community, soon we might be as (ir)relevant to the wider world as the lizard collecting community.

Go in the street and talk about 'subjectivists' and 'objectivists' nobody would understand what we are talking about. Most people wouldn't know what an amplifier is these days.

Last edited:
OP
BobbyTimmons

BobbyTimmons

Ah I see, they should stick to netball and not encroach on “the beautiful game” as their historical skill set and feeble minds cannot comprehend the artistry and greatness of mens football, women know your place eh?.

Personally I dont care about the game of football, never been to nor watched a game in my life but I’ll defend the right of every women to stand on the bodies of misogynist’s everywhere they are found

Another dick to place on ignore
Can we avoid talking about politics so hopefully the mods will allow the thread to stay open, let's focus on the audiophile community.

Somafunk

Major Contributor

AdamG

Helping stretch the audiophile budget…
Forum Donor
Unfortunately these Threads always turn into a deep pile of stinking Poo we the humble Moderator Staff have to wade through and try and decide who is touching who and who is picking on who. We are not here to do that and theses types of subjects are a Political Correctness Trap. So, like the previous similar thread we are locking this. Let’s get back to Audio Science and maybe avoid Social Science. Let’s look for conversations that bring us closer together and avoid topics that ultimately divide us along varying political lines and views.

Thank you for your support and understanding. We did try to let this remain open.

IMG_0211.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom