• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Audiogon thread critical of ASR

Status
Not open for further replies.

FINFET

Forum Donor
There are people still believing these BS but there are more who quitely sold their expensive gears, bought cheap stuff instead, regretted so much money and efforts are wasted and finally started listning to music, without leaving a voting message in any forum. The process is gradual, slow, but powerful. Manufacturer will take far more efforts to get the same amount of people to believe their BS simply because ASR exists. So I'd say trust in the influence of your activities and don't let naysayers get in the mood.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
The best Alum is mined in the papal states and managed by the Medici family... to use any other is heretical and punishable by the Inquisition, who were known for great feats of lifting veils and burning ASR members. (Google it... this was actually true in the 15th century) Alum... "A Stairway to Heaven"
I knew there was a conspiracy! I wouldn't be surprised to learn that the Tristero (Trystero) was (were?) involved.
It all starts to make sense now...

MutedPosthorn.png

:cool:

Astoneroad

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
One of my faves.
Recluse?
Not me... :cool:

I mean, yeah, it is kinda quiet here, but me, a recluse? Mais non!
;)
Pynchon is the recluse to whom I was referring... I don't know you... lol. Salinger is my favorite recluse... Pynchon in the top 3.
1664818179160.jpeg

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
Pynchon is the recluse to whom I was referring... I don't know you... lol. Salinger is my favorite recluse... Pynchon in the top 3.
View attachment 234946
Yes, well aware of his... proclivities.
Since you wrote "a fellow recluse", I thought you were describing yourself as, shall we say, Pynchon-esque... at least in that regard.
So, I figured I'd tag-team. :cool:
We like it... kinda quiet, up here.

As to Salinger... well... as it happens, he lived in the next town south of here. He was well known to and by all of his fellow citizens in Cornish, NH, and they were happy to mislead anyone who came looking for him.
His house was sold a few years back. Nice enough home on a pretty nice piece of property with a great view of Mt. Ascutney. Quite a reasonable price, too.
More than a few odd characters in this neck of the woods.
Oh, and the summer home of a recently retired SCOTUS justice, too. :)

Last edited:

krabapple

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
That is ABSOLUTELY the WORST kind of cable!!!! - In my experience of course ;)

In my experience, *proper* solid silver conductors sound just like copper ones if the gauge is the same!!! Silver plated wires were 'odd' in my experience and often 'scrappy' up top. Once I discovered this, I forgot all about silver cable confections and never looked back.

Depend how it is constructed. Silver wire is cleaner sound than copper with similar build. It leave very little sound tail. My cables are all silver coated, shielded, thin teflon insulation.

Please tell me these two posts are winking satire.

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
I used to post a lot over on Audio Karma. But then I saw a thread where they were bad mouthing this place. Have not been back on there since. It's called the echo chamber of the internet.

:rolleyes:

The AK of yore was much more fun and much less... attitudinal.
Of course, the same could be said of most of the interwebz. :(

racoon_them_woogers2.jpg

Astoneroad

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes, well aware of his... proclivities.
Since you wrote "a fellow recluse", I thought you were describing yourself as, shall we say, Pynchon-esque... at least in that regard.
So, I figured I'd tag-team. :cool:
We like it... kinda quiet, up here.

As to Salinger... well... as it happens, he lived in the next town south of here. He was well known to and by all of his fellow citizens in Cornish, NH, and they were happy to mislead anyone who came looking for him.
His house was sold a few years back. Nice enough home on a pretty nice piece of property with a great view of Mt. Ascutney. Quite a reasonable price, too.
More than a few odd characters in this neck of the woods.
Oh, and the summer home of a recently retired SCOTUS justice, too. :)
Of course... and yes... I'm the fellow recluse. I remember when Salinger's house went up for sale and how "cheap" it was. I'm hoping to read one more Glass tale before my own "Perfect Day for Bananafish". Enough diversion before those moderator thugs render shame and rebuke for getting off topic... Wait a minute... I guess that makes in on topic... Cool. :eek:

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
I just wanted to thank Amir for trying reasoning with the Audiogon bunch over in their forum....but I don't think it's "working".... https://forum.audiogon.com/discussi...r-the-measurement-the-better-the-soun?page=10

Just like around here, it isn't always about who is responding in the thread, but knowing that many many more eyes will be reading his posts if only out of curiosity to see what the evil man has to say. I have to believe that there are many members over there who in no way endorse the near rabid stream of nonsense directed towards our host or the site. I think he ended up looking better than the ones who need to wipe the foam from their mouths ever could.

We consistently get members from all of the other audio fora, and my guess is that we'll get a few to at least stop by after this most recent spewfest.

Fahzz

Forum Donor
Funny thing. One of the guys over there keeps mentioning a particular "boutique" cable maker that he's a fan of. I looked into buying some interconnects from him which seemed to be reasonably priced, though pricey, if that makes sense. But as I browsed the web site and was encouraged to move up in levels of performance and better RCA connectors the price of the pair in the cart had quadrupled.
I wondered why they didn't just sell their best cable at a justifiable price. I know a hustle when I see one, and the veil was lifted for me on the charlatans in the audio business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom