• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Audiogon thread critical of ASR

Status
Not open for further replies.

aslan7

Probably someone drew attention to it already but there is a recent long thread on Audiogon that is highly critical of ASR. It was included in their last weekly summary of popular posts. I was extremely surprised and dismayed that some of the contributors bashed Amir, ASR, and ASR pundits. It is interesting reading provided that one doesn’t take it seriously.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor
I was extremely surprised and dismayed that some of the contributors bashed Amir, ASR, and ASR pundits. It is interesting reading provided that one doesn’t take it seriously.

Is this a fair summary?

200 (1).gif

kongwee

Major Contributor
But the silver wire sounds bright and the copper cable sounds warm. Facts.
Depend how it is constructed. Silver wire is cleaner sound than copper with similar build. It leave very little sound tail. My cables are all silver coated, shielded, thin teflon insulation.

Unground

Depend how it is constructed. Silver wire is cleaner sound than copper with similar build. It leave very little sound tail. My cables are all silver coated, shielded, thin teflon insulation.
I'm British so I read this as sarcasm. If it isn't, I have created some Solvidium-doped Ludvite-crystal frequency attenuation resonance tamers (FARTs) that sit in each corner of a room (actually 9 corners because they operate supra-dimensionally) and make the sound sweeter but at the same time more confident. Only £3k each.

Music1969

Major Contributor
Probably someone drew attention to it already but there is a recent long thread on Audiogon that is highly critical of ASR. It was included in their last weekly summary of popular posts. I was extremely surprised and dismayed that some of the contributors bashed Amir, ASR, and ASR pundits. It is interesting reading provided that one doesn’t take it seriously.

Link so we can read it?

kongwee

Major Contributor
I'm British so I read this as sarcasm. If it isn't, I have created some Solvidium-doped Ludvite-crystal frequency attenuation resonance tamers (FARTs) that sit in each corner of a room (actually 9 corners because they operate supra-dimensionally) and make the sound sweeter but at the same time more confident. Only £3k each.
About $10 per meter at most. I should able to source thick copper, thick insulation, multi core that audiophile love at $3k for maybe $5-$15 per meter or so. Of course, you have to do it yourself.

BDWoody

Chief Cat Herder
Forum Donor

:facepalm:

Astoneroad

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

Vacceo

Major Contributor
That would turn the sound into a nexion and the results would be unpredictable.

DonR

Major Contributor
What is the science behind this? Can you cite a peer reviewed paper?

Astoneroad

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
What is the science behind this? Can you cite a peer reviewed paper?
Oddly enough, this is one of the consistent complaints on that Audiogon thread... we ALWAYS ask for proof or citations. You're all HERETICS... with all this talk of math, science, proof and white papers... me too.

OP
aslan7

aslan7

These silver cables will sound much better if a witch doctor from central Burundi makes some special incantations and waves a magic wand over them. Unfortunately the post office in Burundi is unreliable.

DonR

Major Contributor
Oddly enough, this is one of the consistent complaints on that Audiogon thread... we ALWAYS ask for proof or citations. You're all HERETICS... with all this talk of math, science, proof and white papers... me too.
Maybe @amirm needs to rename the site to Audio Feelings Review. Let the woo flow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom