• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Need Advice. I am a noobito

DarkSensation

Hi Guys,

I need advice from experts around here for my setup.

I just bought Eversolo dmp-a6 master edition (DAC/Streamer). The only pair of RCA output is connected to my AE a2+ (AudioEngine). I also have Toslink output connected to my PC.

Since my AE speaker lacks bass. I am considering getting a arendal 1961 1s subwoofer but there ain't anymore RCA output ports on my DAC. I did initially consider getting a Cambridge Audio AXA35 amplifier just for this purpose but seeing that the 1s sub has its own amplifier and rca output port. I was wondering if it is possible I have my speaker connected to the sub rca output and have the only rca output on my dac connected to the subwoofer input. Will that even work?

Any advice is appreciated.

Due to my pc setup and bedroom size limitation I do not intend to change my speaker for now. So if the speaker is able to play sound via the sub normally, I can save cost by avoiding buying a amplifier.

staticV3

Master Contributor
I was wondering if it is possible I have my speaker connected to the sub rca output and have the only rca output on my dac connected to the subwoofer input. Will that even work?
Yes. That's what it's there for.

JustJones

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Can you use the RCA out on the speakers to RCA in on the subwoofer?

OP
D

DarkSensation

hmm... logically it should work but i guess the analog signal directly output from DAC to sub is better than analog signal output to sub by my AE a2+?

Timcognito

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Because those are modest speakers and in a small room might consider SVS SB 1000 Pro for far less money and a phone app to control dsp. Doesn't go as low though.
FYI maybe read through this I have not.

OP
D

DarkSensation

Google Bard told me my "AE speakers have a frequency response of 65 Hz to 22 kHz, while the Eversolo DMP-A6 has a frequency response of 40 Hz to 20 kHz. This means that the Audioengine A2+ speakers will be able to reproduce a wider range of frequencies than the Eversolo DMP-A6". but since my speaker is getting analog signal from my Eversolo DAC it will not be sending out 65hz to 22Khz to my subwoofer if i am using my speaker output to connect to the 1S subwoofer. Not sure how much difference does that sound though??

JustJones

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Here's ASR review of the Eversolo.

The FR for the Eversolo is 20hz-20khz. That's what's sent to your speakers. The speaker bottoms out at 65hz according to your info. "AE speakers have a frequency response of 65 Hz to 22 kHz". You're concerned with the low end the RCA out should pass 20hz-20khz and you would set your crossover for the sub on the sub to limit the high frequencies. You could start around 80hz.

Top Bottom