• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Audio Control AVRs with Dirac

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
Nice to see announcement of more Dirac EQ based AVRs coming to market. Here is Audio Control's new series, XR-4, XR-6 and XR-8:

Madrona is a dealer for them and we use them for high-end installs. So I may be able to get units to test....

Sal1950

Grand Contributor
The Chicago Crusher
Forum Donor
No mention of pricing yet. :(

OP
amirm

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)

LTig

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Just realized they have the ES3098 DAC in there so hopefully it performs!
I would not count on this. As we've seen the performance of the DAC chips often gets swamped by the surrounding electronics.

Hard to find any objective reviews of the x9

with each channel getting a sabre pro dac its possible this may be an excellent unit

Krobar

Hard to find any objective reviews of the x9

with each channel getting a sabre pro dac its possible this may be an excellent unit

An AVS user is getting an X9 soon, mentioned he has experience of the Denon AVP, Monoprice HTP-1 and Emotiva RMC-1. I know its hardly a review but will be interesting to hear first thoughts.

deusex

Hi Guys,

First post in the forums. Recently discovered AudioScienceReview and this is just amazing. Great work @amirm.

@amirm - In the beginning of this thread you mentioned that you may be able to test the Processors and AVRs as your compnay deals in them but I couldn't find a review of them. I am planning to upgrade my Home Theater and have almost decided on the Audio Control Savoy G4 as the power amp. For the AVR, I am leaning towards Denon 8500H. I have been a Denon user and like them a lot. You have also found 8500H to be good in measurements. I was just wondering if the Audio Control AVRs or Pre/Pro will offer an advantage over the Denon. Even if you have tested it comprehensively, any advice on this will be great!

Would request other members too shed a light on it. I will be very thankful. I am based in India and it's difficult to audition a lot of equipment here beforehand as the dealers place an order only on customer demand. Denons are highly popular here so they are easier to demo.

Thanks

Krobar

The Audiocontrol offers Dirac room correction which tends to be better than Audyssey for most people who have compared the two. The Audiocontrol also offers 16 channel support vs 14 channel on the Denon.

I suspect the Denon measures a bit better than the X7 but X9 might be a different story (Or not).

deusex

The Audiocontrol offers Dirac room correction which tends to be better than Audyssey for most people who have compared the two. The Audiocontrol also offers 16 channel support vs 14 channel on the Denon.

I suspect the Denon measures a bit better than the X7 but X9 might be a different story (Or not).
Thanks Krobar!

Top Bottom