• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

ASR website hits are decreasing to pre October levels.

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
I thought that ASR was becoming a little slow lately so I checked the statistics.
https://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/audiosciencereview.com
Screenshot 2020-11-19 192337.png

GDK

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
...or maybe there are a lot of people out there who are interested in capacitor temperature ratings?

OP
Doodski

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
...or maybe there are a lot of people out there who are interested in capacitor temperature ratings?
From October 22nd to Nov 3rd the attendance took a nose dive. :D

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
There is seasonality and some natural up and downs. Here is another view (blue is us, orange is stereophile.com):

1605840517382.png

But yes, we have reached another plateau. We land at these spots for a while and then (hopefully) the next growth spurt arrives.

OP
Doodski

Doodski

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
There is seasonality and some natural up and downs. Here is another view (blue is us, orange is stereophile.com):

View attachment 94612

But yes, we have reached another plateau. We land at these spots for a while and then (hopefully) the next growth spurt arrives.
Lol @ Avg Visit Duration of 00:05:48 . I think sometimes I've left my ASR window open for months. :D

restorer-john

Grand Contributor

View attachment 94612

Can you do the same overview for guests and another one for members? I think that would be illuminating...

maxxevv

Major Contributor
Seems like the peak coincided with the few days after the LCD-X, DP5, Tempotec Sonata HD and Draop X Koss ESP/X95 reviews. :oops:

amirm

Founder/Admin
Staff Member
CFO (Chief Fun Officer)
better than stereophile.com? wow
Yeh, just last year we were pretty far behind them. Our Alexa ranking was something like 100K and they were where they are now more or less. It is a real test of old ways of doing things versus new.

Sancus

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Not too hard to predict that consistent headphone reviews would hugely boost the popularity of the site, just check out head-fi's stats compared to ASR or Stereophile. That's what mainstream purchasers are buying these days more than anything else!

That said, I don't have much interest in them personally...

Beershaun

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
+1 to correlation of headphones reviews. Time for Amir to head back to the headphones mines. ☺️Or here is how you explain to your wife how you need to buy "the hammer" in order to keep the forum going.

hege

Forum Donor
Isn't this a science forum? Why are we looking at some crappy Alexa statistics? :D No one that is even slightly tech savvy is using a Alexa toolbar where the data is supposedly mined from..

@amirm have you analyzed web server logs to see if it's anything like Alexas stats? (anyway never mind, you better spend your time on more useful things..)

Last edited:

Blumlein 88

Grand Contributor
Forum Donor
At this rate we will run out of audio categories to cover and may need to branch into gardening, woodworking, photography, etc.!
You forgot firearms and automobiles. Oh and motorcycles. And telescopes.

Reactions: wje
Top Bottom