• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

ASR members hobbys?

steve59

Major Contributor
I get the impression many members of ASR are professionals in the biz and don't really listen to music so much as look over charts of speakers. So what do you guys do to relax?

Purité Audio

Master Contributor
Industry Insider
Barrowmaster
Forum Donor
Examine spinorama plots, oh and I have a notebook where I note the names of foo manufacturers... come the revolution.

Keith

OP
steve59

steve59

Major Contributor
We get long winters and I already work outside so during winter months it's music, music forums, football and reading stereophile cover to cover.
summertime? Motorcycle and motorcycle, waverunners...bicycle riding and dogwalks in the evening b4 the bugs come out. I always get an hour of music after work just to reset.

Katji

Major Contributor
Ok, not bad, already at least 2 mentioned bikes.

Same. And riding my bikes, with or without engine. And climbing plus hiking in the mountains.
Are any of the bikes made in Austria?

MakeMineVinyl

Major Contributor
Mountain biking, street biking, motorcycling, photography, and of course HiFi & listening to music.

MarsianC#

No money for a KTM (690 Enduro<3).... I ride a old F650 GS. At least made in Germany.

Frank Dernie

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
I probably spend more of my leisure time listening to music than anything else.
Walking and general catching up with family, I worked long hours so am making up for lost family time with my children by spending as much time with my grandchildren as I can now I have retired.
Photography, but probably more a lens enthusiast than a good photographer, though I have been doing it for 60 years so am pretty technically knowledgeable and a reasonably good technician, though the machine does everything for you pretty well most of the time, but definitely not always.

Redbeard65

Forum Donor
Model Railroading, Building Models and, of course, listening to music.
I do get to listen to music a good chunk of my working day and have a fairly nice sound system in my hobby room.

murraycamp

Forum Donor
1. Jazz (mostly)
2. Chasing, and sometimes catching, largemouth bass in E. Texas from a kayak, and red drum in the Texas surf.
3. Astronomy
4. Native gardening

Last edited:

Katji

Major Contributor
No money for a KTM (690 Enduro<3).... I ride a old F650 GS. At least made in Germany.
:-s Ok, maybe you need the hobby of finding ways to make money. :) ...Maybe, if you pay all shipping costs from S.Africa :oops: I will give you a mad black bull made in Austria. ;) ...It is virtually new, but now I am too old.

Snarfie

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
A Daughter who finished/defended successfully today here Master in Computer Science
8jlvD7P.jpg

Koeitje

Major Contributor
I used to build quadcopters, but haven't done it in a while.

Sgt. Ear Ache

Major Contributor
Thanks largely to ASR (although I was moving in the same direction on my own prior to arriving here) I no longer waste any of my time shopping for boutique cables or "great-sounding" dacs. Nor do any of my music-listening hours get wasted on burning speakers or headphones in. I also no longer waste much time at all watching videos of wizened old audiophile dudes who probably can't hear a thing over 12khz opining lugubriously about the "sweetness and musicality" of some new speaker they've listened to for a few hours in comparison to the many hundreds of other speakers they've listened to for a few hours over the past 40 years. I've assembled a sound system (for both headphones and speakers) that I know is doing pretty much exactly what a sound system should do - getting the music to my ears without messing it up in any notable way. Rather than putting together a system that is "matched" to my favorite music (perhaps some of you might get why I make this point :) ), I've assembled a system that simply reproduces the source recording very accurately. In effect, I have a system that is "matched" to ALL recorded music! Fascinating concept Steve! lol...now all that time that might have been wasted on nothing is spent actually listening to music!

but I also do some video gaming, reading, watch the occasional movie or show, etc etc.

Bugal1998

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor
Roadbiking/workingout/light yoga
Driving a slingshot (three-wheeled "motorcycle")
Reading/learning (science and engineering primarily)
Astronomy
Listening to music
Voice training
Air rifle/pistol marksmanship
Following aviation/spaceflight (hold commercial pilot and flight instructor certificates)
Avoiding television

CDMC

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
There are things to do besides read ASR?

B0678620-944A-40E6-87F9-D05ED56D09CE.jpeg

Veri

Master Contributor
Fitness/working out/running, listening to music. Used to play the odd video game but honestly, it's been a long time.

Top Bottom