• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Are there any DACs with more than two Toslink inputs?

telemike

I’m looking for a DAC wit 2 toslink optical and at least one coax input. Anything out there?

Dunring

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
The original SMSL M500 has two plus coax. The Mark II has one and a Bluetooth. Just make sure it's the firmware fixed version. The early models had problems and couldn't be flashed to the new hardware version.

Ken Tajalli

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I sent in a 10 year old Leema DAC for review.
It had 3 optical, 3 coax, a USB and an analogue input. The USB was one of the very first to employ Galvanic isolation, when not many knew what it was, and for what.

OP
T

telemike

I just don't want a myriad of boxes taking space in my cabinet

restorer-john

Grand Contributor
I just don't want a myriad of boxes taking space in my cabinet

Fair enough I guess. Plenty of the older D/A converters (full size) had multiple optical and coaxial inputs and even digital loops, but they often are too old for USB, network or BT.

The auto Toslink boxes are cheap, but you'd probably be messing around pressing the selection button on them if several devices were powered up at the same time. They also require power.

SiR

I’m looking for a DAC wit 2 toslink optical and at least one coax input. Anything out there?
Denafrips Enyo ( Ares II ), has TWO Toslink and TWO Optical, one of the best budget R2R DAC

1700553728980.png

Top Bottom