• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required as is 20 years of participation in forums (not all true). There are daily reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Apple Music Lossless + Apple TV 4K + Airplay + Airport Express (version 1)

sarumbear

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Yes but I haven’t taken the time to figure it out.
View attachment 177718
Neither iPhone nor iPad can be controlled remotely. You can build an app that you can control it remotely but you cannot control the OS. That is intentional limit placed by Apple on iOS and iPadOS.

However, like Spotify does to a great affect you can sync apps and what is playing, where, etc. Just login to your Spotify account (must be a paying member) then play something on any device. On another device irrespective of the device type you will see the same playing. You can even send the audio to AirPlay devices. I use this to a great affect and it is THE reason I started using Spotify. I still have an Apple Music account and I use it for critical listening (lossless) but for everyday music I use Spotify.

I leave an old iPad mini 4 always powered and with Spotify app running on my amplifier rack. I then start the Spotify app on any of my devices, another iPad, iPhone, Windows PC and remotely control that iPad.

sarumbear

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
Top Bottom