• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Anything that looks like a power conditioner but is NOT? Just need a nice looking power "strip"

GabrielPhoto

Hello,
So I have decided that I rather avoid those power "conditioners" but I like the looks of them with the connectors on the back and display for a clean look. Or even without a gauge of voltage, it will be fine as long as it keeps thinigs nice and clean by connectiong from the back of the unit.
Is there any you can recommend that will absolutely not do anything funny to the power going to my gear that fits this?

Hope that made sense :D

OP
G

GabrielPhoto

I wish it looked a big taller so it does not look too small on my shelf but I guess I can place it below or on top of an OPPO or something.
That is certainly on my list now. Thank you!!!

Last edited:

Neddy

Addicted to Fun and Learning
I got one of those (above) after the fancy SurgeX conditioner/power controller died during a storm (self sacrifice, I assume) - it's pretty handy, and easy to label each switch so easy to read. The switch lighting is bit inconsistent from switch to switch, but otherwise 'just about right' per Goldilocks. Priced right, too.

CleanSound

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I'm looking for the same thing. I want one that is very robustly made, durable, reliable, no restrictions on current flow, low impedance. . .and looks damn good.

The only one I found is this and it's got some L/C filters and surge protection. At least I know the filter won't hurt anything.

Any other recommendations? It needs to look pretty and well built with nice material, not looking for a Home Depot plastic junk.

Somafunk

Major Contributor
I’ve always used Tacima power strips, never had fault with any of them

edit : ignore my recommendation as I see you’re in the states so have those funny plugs ;)

Last edited:

Ron Texas

Master Contributor
Forum Donor
Home Depot.

Steven Holt

Forum Donor
Is there any you can recommend that will absolutely not do anything funny to the power going to my gear that fits this?
Go to Amazon, select Electronics, type in 8 outlet long power strip Plug'n. That should suit ya nicely!

Canuck57

Addicted to Fun and Learning
Forum Donor

MAB

Major Contributor
I've gone paleo for my power strips.;)
1702950721555.png

I have a bunch, different cord lengths, some with eight outlets.
I use standard off-the-shelf parts to build them.

OP
G

GabrielPhoto

Somafunk

Major Contributor
go ahead, go ahead, make fun of our plugs.....but at least Haggus isn't our national dish!!!

Haggus is the Nordic variant, they have more fur and can withstand colder temperature and are quite social/amenable by nature, our haggis is short, stocky with a wiry waterproof coat and are solitary/angry little feckers by nature.

And seeing as I’m here, Why the UK has the best plugs - fact!

charlielaub

I've gone paleo for my power strips.;)
View attachment 335318
I have a bunch, different cord lengths, some with eight outlets.
I use standard off-the-shelf parts to build them.

Being underwhelmed with the vast majority of "power strips" (except for maybe TrippLite products) I have built something similar (two actually) using a 4-gang hospital grade receptacle unit and a heavy duty plug on the other end of the cord. Sure, only 4 outlets per box, but the quality of contacts from the hospital grade receptacles is worth it. I used this product:
https://www.leviton.com/en/products/21254-hw

21254-HW[1].png

Last edited:

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
I have a nice rack mount power strip if a nineteen-inch "EIA standard" (telecom) rack is part of your hifi aesthetic.
It's nothing special and in fact it was a special/closeout at PartsExpress (i.e., it was quite inexpensive).
You can (barely) see it in the rack on the left in the photo below. It's at the top of the stack, a little "1U" black strip with an illuminated main power switch.

CleanSound

Major Contributor
Forum Donor
I have a nice rack mount power strip if a nineteen-inch "EIA standard" (telecom) rack is part of your hifi aesthetic.
It's nothing special and in fact it was a special/closeout at PartsExpress (i.e., it was quite inexpensive).
You can (barely) see it in the rack on the left in the photo below. It's at the top of the stack, a little "1U" black strip with an illuminated main power switch.

Is your amp on the floor? Why? What for in good God's name?

mhardy6647

Grand Contributor
That's a just for fun setup that particular day. Push-pull 11BM8 stereo amp and a pair of very cheap (and not very good, as ASR readers know) PartsExpress 652-AIR loudspeakers.

That said: why not put an amplifier on the floor? Many folks do.
It's also not exactly on the floor, even if it is close to the floor. ;)

Top Bottom