• WANTED: Happy members who like to discuss audio and other topics related to our interest. Desire to learn and share knowledge of science required. There are many reviews of audio hardware and expert members to help answer your questions. Click here to have your audio equipment measured for free!

Any recent experience with AIX Records?

otinkyad

Hi all -- first time poster here. I've been reading forums here at ASR for a while, and have found them very valuable (especially for an audio newbie like me, who was skeptical of the claims I saw elsewhere in the audio world, but didn't have the knowledge base to evaluate them).

I'm puzzled by my recent experiences with AIX Records, and am posting here because I've seen Mark Waldrep and AIX records discussed here a number of times -- in fact, it's from ASR that I became aware of them. So I thought people here might have some background knowledge/experience that's relevant to my situation.

My experience: I ordered two multichannel DVD-A's from the AIX Records website, four weeks ago. My credit card was charged right away. Three days later I got an email from the AIX Order Desk saying they would ship in about 10 days. However, a month later, I haven't received anything, and the five or six emails that I've sent to AIX and/or Mark Waldrep have gone unanswered.

This is probably the worst purchasing experience I've ever had, and I'm flabbergasted. Has anyone had any recent experience dealing with AIX Records/Mark Waldrep?

Midwest Blade

I just visited with Mark at his booth at Axpona a few weeks ago, seems he had been away and traveling for quite a bit, this was also noted by other visitors who mentioned his absence from his blog. Mark is a pretty stand up fellow, send another email, your experience so far is not really indicative of my past dealings with AIX.

OP
O

otinkyad

@Midwest Blade -- Thanks for the response. My impression of AIX/MW had also been very positive. Since posting here, I did send a couple of further messages, and now have finally received a response. No real explanation for the non-responses over a period of a month (his blog had remained active, BTW), but at least an acknowledgement and apology. Hopefully this experience was an anomaly. Now to wait to see if I actually receive the items I ordered -- and if so, whether I like the multichannel recordings...

Midwest Blade

AIX recordings are unlike most you will hear in a good way. I first heard his discs at Axpona a few years ago and bought one of his Blu-Ray discs right after the demo.

Sawdust123

AIX is small. I think Mark does it all and I believe he still teaches. If he had back-to-back audio shows, it could explain prolonged time out of the office. That is not an ideal situation but Mark is a really good guy. I can't imagine he would ever screw over a customer.

OP
O

otinkyad

@Sawdust123 -- Thanks for the info, and good to hear about your positive impressions. Yes, I had definitely formed the impression that AIX is a one-or-two-person show, and had made mental accommodations for that. So I was willing to excuse shipping delays/glitches, but not getting any response for weeks on end after multiple emails sent by me really tested my tolerance. In any case, I have now received the disks, so it got sorted out. Receiving some kind of explanation for the protracted lack of responses would have helped a lot, but time to move on, I guess... Time will tell if I feel like doing business with them again! Thanks again for the input.

Top Bottom